• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Difference between gas th400 and diesel th400?

my69camaro

I have several diesel turbo 400's laying around and I want to build one to put behind a gas 454ci motor... What needs to be changed in order for this to work? Torque converter, anything internal?

motormayhem

Governor. Also do the diesels have any sort of shift kit to compensate for the low RPM shifts? Mine always ****s real firm compared to other cars...unless it has a trailer behind it.

Westech

CPL
I think the torque converter and possibly the governor springs and weights
Just the springs and weights... not the whole governor, there all the same for the TH400. The Diesels do not have a shift kit and also have the same amount of check balls as the gassers from the factory.

gwag

Theres a guy on here goes by countryboy that just swapped a 350 into his 1008 and didn't change a thing, seems to work fine.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks