• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Differences in compressor pullies for M35

Banshee365

Okay, I admit it. I used a bit too much force on my compressor pulley and broke one of the ears on the split off on the front part of my compressor pulley. So I ordered a new one off ebay. I tried to get the old one apart but it still wouldn't budge. Waited a couple weeks for it to come in and it finally did, I was excited. Went out to the truck installed it, slipped the belt on and the thing stuck so much farther out than the original that the belts rubbed. That wasn't going to work. I noticed the back of the pulley was alot thicker than the one I had originally. So I knew I had to either order another one and waste more money or get that dang old one apart so I could use the back of it and the front of the new one since they're the same. After lot's of hammering a chisel between the split's, lot's of pentitrant, and lot's of heat i finally got it apart. I just thought I would post the differances in case anyone needs to replace there pulley. I'm guessing the difference is from 1 and 2 cylinder compressors. What do yall think?

-Kelly

Attachments

Not all compressor pulleys are the same. The multifuels are different that the 5 ton R6602. I know the fronts are different and I would assume the rear half is different due to the difference in the engines and belt alignment. You really need to do you homework when buying off ebay.

John

Banshee365

Yea it was an impulse buy because I wanted the truck running quickly. I did do my homework, saturn list's the same part number the ebay guy did. He's reputable and everything match up. The number is 7409206. I'd like to know why they are different. There should not be that much of a size differance for belt alignment only, it must be for a certain design compressor. We're talking almost 2" different. I figured I'd post the pictures so maybe others won't make the same mistake. You'd have to call whoever you're buying the part from and confirm specs over the phone to absolutely make sure. Matching number from saturn was good enough for me. Possibly the pully I got has the wrong numbers as they are drawn on with a sharpie not engraved or anything. Luckily the front half fit my old back half perfect and I still got what I neede even if I have back half left over. If anyone needs it let me know.

-Kelly