• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

differences in frames between CJ2A, CJ3A, M38 and even Willys MB?

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Was there any appreciable differences in the frame design between the WWII Willys MB/GPW, the CJ2A/3A, and the M38? Or for the most part, are they the same?

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Okay, great, thanks! What about the post-war jeeps I mentioned? Are the body tubs swapable for the most part, between them?

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
One of the guys in our club built a replica MB by putting a tub on a 1948 CJ-2A. He said he did it all with bolts. Looks great to me, but I'm one of those folks who call them all jeeps.

He isn't on here, but I can put you two in touch with each other. He is a super nice guy, and won't mind explaining to you how he did it.

Cheers

zak

Drivers side body mounts are inside the frame on the mb, outside on the cj2. Inside brackets are on the cj2 so they can be swapped for a mb body. Rear shocks are vertical on the mb, angle to the front on the cj2.