• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Different fans for 3116?

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The 20-3 TM says "NOTE: Discard fan clutch assembly PN 1090-08000-03 and replace with fan clutch assembly PN 1090-08000-01."

I had the older -03 fan, and am replacing it with the newer -01 model.

The TM also says "NOTE: Discard engine fan PN 4035-41393-74 and replace with engine fan PN 12421972." Is that just because of an improvement, or because the new clutch only mates up to the new fan?

UPDATE: Read future posts... the old fan DOES NOT fit on the new clutch.

Last edited:

Smike740

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The new fan is definetly improved, the hub is now steel vs the old one was aluminum. Also if I remember correctly it doesn't use the rubber bushing at the center. I am not certain that the old one will not mount, however I would definetly put the upgraded fan on since others have had failures.

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The old engine fan PN 4035-41393-74 DOES NOT fit on the new fan clutch assembly PN 1090-08000-01, for anyone else who might try this in the future. The new clutch has studs, where the old one used bolts, and those studs are in a slightly larger bolt circle.

Here's a picture of the old fan's spacer plate laying on the new clutch.
OldFan-NewFanClutch.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks