• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Different Quad Mod Fuse on Tobyhanna Unit

gatorbob

Hello,

I just picked up a MEP-803A that was modified by Tobyhanna as one of those tower units. The wiring is back to normal and the military's auto start system removed.

You can see in this picture that I have a different looking plastic fuse holder and it's not mounted in the normal location. Was there an "older" quad mod fix that I might have? Does it matter?

It's a 2008 unit - no reset.

Thanks

2018-05-02 11.52.27.jpg

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to SS. That is a variation I have seen before, and so long as the crimped connections are good (and the right size (and style) fuse is installed in the housing)... you shouldn't have any concerns.

csheath

That's how I did mine. $3 auto parts fuse holder with a fast acting 3 amp fuse. Can't see it offering any more or less protection than the high dollar holder and ceramic slo-blow.

Guyfang

Staff member
This was the very first type quad Mod. It works, so don't fool with it. Its just as good as any other style mod you will see.

Farmitall

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When I got my first 803a without the fuse mod, is used a waterproof in line fuse holder with an automotive type blade fuse @3amps because I had a pile of them on hand.
I bought a bunch of the Buss type holders and fuses as are usually seen in most photos and replaced it later.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks