• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Different Shipping Company Than FastTrack?

plainside

HI again all!

Tried searching this but couldn't find much. Does anyone know of a shipping company that has dealt with GL pick ups? Looking at WI going to MN. Have tried calling and quoting FastTrack Logistics without any luck. Any info here would be great!

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What is it? If it a item banded to a pallet, send a motor freight company directly to GL. For rolling stock, you need to enlist the services of any one of hundreds of transportation brokers who match trucks and loads. Make sure to tell all details such as if trailer ramps or winch-on are needed.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Fasttrack is a network of independent brokers that have a close relationship with GL. They are just doing what you can do yourself. Depends on whether the time or the money is more important to you! I've used them for some things, and I've done my own pick-ups for others. My first win was at Mechanicsburg and I thought their quote was too high, it was - I drove up and got the load myself for $31.00 less that their charges, and my expenses included round trip fuel, food and lodging. YMMV.

plainside

Thanks, just though there was a company used to dealing with working with GL being it is not as easy as picking up at a regular business address.

quickfarms

The options vary depending on what you are looking at.

Depending on which base or location it is at there might be Simone here who can get it picked up for you.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
anyone getting items from Ohio or CA going to SC this week?
Won't help for loads this week, but it's something to consider for the future. Go to rallies and meet people face to face and you will develop a network of people that can get stuff off of the various GL sites. We have a member here that is a partner in a firm that picks up every day at OKC. People (members) I have met on the site have done pickups for me in Oklahoma, Ohio, North Carolina, Georgia, Colorado, Mississippi, Pennsylvania, Alabama and Illinois. I try to return the favor, compensate them for their troubles, or both.

Hoefler

If it's a vehicle that runs, a guy named Jeff who works on base will recover vehicle and drive it to your location. I have his contact info and will vouch for him. He did a good job for me.
if it's non vehicle stuff, GL will help load trailer or truck with a forklift at ground level. GL is helpful at this base.
you could also reach out to scott Womack out of Blain. He is an ss guy and makes trips to Sparta.
pete