• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Differential Swap 3.08 to 2.73

Ant929

So I have a M1165A1 with a 3.08 Diff. When I was buying it I thought I was going to be able to drive over 55 mph but I was wrong. Does anyone know if it would be possible to buy 2 sets of ring and pinions and have them installed? I think that would get me to 70 MPH. the truck is not going to carry armor anymore.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Go drive it. Verify it is shifting 1-2, 2-3, 3-4. If it’s not you are in limp mode which explains the 3000 rpm @55. Limp mode is second gear only. Limp mode happens when the transmission has issues.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It’s definitely shifting 1-2,2-3,3-4. What type of RPM should it be at with a 4.08 differential and 4l80e?
Member "ACTION" reports: I get 2000 rpm @ 50 mph, 2700 rpm @ 70 mph with 6.5 TD, 4l80e, 3.08 diffs, and 37” tires

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks