• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Digital Carc

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
Steel Soldiers Supporter
:not worthy:

Very Nice.
I really like that paint job.
I was planning to do something similiar but as a winter camo.

What was your process?
Did you do a bunch of masking off, or air brush with a stencil?

I f you get a chance post a picture of the side with the light hitting it.
The shadow side hides all your hard work.

shannondeese

I will take a few more pics. I am part owner in a company that does this for the military. We have a process that uses stencils that we stick on then paint over so it is really quick to paint. It takes about a day to do a whole vehicle. The 13 is my race number, I race quads and dirt bikes in the desert. The wheels will be solid color once I get my new ones in. I can do any color combo that is desired in the kit too. We are thinking of doing one of my quads in Orange and Blue. Surprisingly the smaller things are harder than the larger vehicles.

grounded

Banned
HELL im going to ask also since no one else has yet..

WILL YOU SELL stencils for digi on a deuce?

Im sure there is a few members here (myself included) that would love to do one.

m109guy

Nice job. Really well done. I am sure you would have people lined up around the block to get that done to their trucks.

TeufelHunden

Steel Soldiers Supporter
WOW!!! Looks like a labor of love. You'll need to stencil in some green "EGA's" for it to be official MARPAT Digitals. I salute your initiative, and perserverance.

Joseph R. Royak
MGySgt USMC (Ret) OORRAH!!!

shannondeese

I can't sell the stencils yet but I can have a team fly in and paint your vehicles. Or if you are close to Either SoCal or Rock Island Illinois I have teams already there that can do it for you. I am putting a package together with stencils, paint, and a paint gun for the military right now and once that is released then I can sell the entire kit with paint, paint gun, and stencils to civilians. I am working on a kit for the Duece also since I need to paint mine. As for the EGA I can make any patern or marking you could want in the paint. I didn't put an EGA in the pattern yet because the Army is looking at these vehicles too. So we were trying to make it a little more friendly. We can even put markings that only show up on Night Vision Devices. So it's a really cool deal. But if enough people want this done then I will push for it and make it work for you and me.

grounded

Banned
:ditto: and let me know when the kit will be done. im very interested in stencils depending on cost as i dont have uncle sams budget..

And i dont think i can afford your "team" to fly out for me.. Once again wrong side of country for me lol

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks