• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

dimension on mep003 diesel tank

billypop

Does anyone have the dimension handy for the fuel tank? I'm trying to find a replacement but I'm 30 minutes away
Thanks in advance,
Billypop
Or if anyone knows of a source for a replacement. That would also be helpful!:grin:

1800 Diesel

From what I can tell, the GM tank is one size to match the MEP-002A dims. It can be used on the MEP-003A model but with the lower capacity of the two units.

BTW, does anyone know the going rate for a good used MEP3 tank?

Kevin

Last edited:

Munchies

Way too much $$ lol
Looking into having 1/8'' aluminum lasered, then cnc bent into a 5 sided U and then weld a top on it Would need to figure out a cheaper way to make the float witch work, the MIL part is $$, and its a total PITA to remove the factory one.Even with heat, it usually just rips the rivets off and the tank bung stays with it rendering it pointless.

1800 Diesel

Does anyone have the dimension handy for the fuel tank? I'm trying to find a replacement but I'm 30 minutes away
Thanks in advance,
Billypop
Or if anyone knows of a source for a replacement. That would also be helpful!:grin:
Do you actually have access to a tank but its damaged or leaking? Just wondering if you have a unit that's missing the tank or do you have a tank that leaks or a truck ran over?

Kevin

billypop

Do you actually have access to a tank but its damaged or leaking? Just wondering if you have a unit that's missing the tank or do you have a tank that leaks or a truck ran over?

Kevin
I have the tank. I have cleaned it, sealed it and lined it with some type of coating whose name eludes me now, and it still leaks.
I think I'm Going to try a high density polyethelene tank and was looking for something close to the 13 gallons and near sthe same size

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I have an 003 tank I would sell for $100. It has a dent and minor rust in the tank. These are hard to find for some reason. PM if you want more info.

storeman

Harley/Chris,
Given that a lot of people have double vision today, might I point out that yours is a custom build with the AC distribution box gone to make room for that 30" long fuel tank. I wish RCI made a tank 24" long to fit 003 available space but am afraid they don't.

Jerry
PS: Jim, someday I'll get to the Pines.

1800 Diesel

I have the tank. I have cleaned it, sealed it and lined it with some type of coating whose name eludes me now, and it still leaks.
I think I'm Going to try a high density polyethelene tank and was looking for something close to the 13 gallons and near sthe same size
If the tank is basically sound (except for the leaks of course), you can use fiberglass to repair the tank which will last many years. Prior to doing this it's always a good idea to pressure wash the inside to remove as much rust & residue as possible, then flush out with acetone & let dry.

Kevin

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks