• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dimensions, height of west coast mirrors

mackts

I'm wanting to buy an M35A2 and would like to fit it through my 8 foot gate so that I can park it behind the fence instead of on the driveway. My gate opening is about 8'-1/8" wide and the fence is a 6' privacy fence. Would the west coast mirrors be high enough to clear the fence? At what height from the ground do they extend wider than 8 feet? I would appreciate some dimensions, in case I have to make something for the deuce to drive up on in order for the mirrors to clear the fence. Also, I'm wanting to get the G177 11R20 tires.

Thanks for your help.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
1) You will have about 69", measured from the mirror arm's vertical post-lower tip, down to ground.
2) Distance between vertical posts is 93", so after folding-in both sides outer brackets/ mirror heads it would barely fit through that gate opening.

G.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
The mirrors easily fold in (they were designed to do that for loading onto transport) even when the bolts are seemingly tight. You can fold one or both in prior to driving it through the gate. If you have spot mirrors they may be mounted even lower than the big mirrors. Even with the mirrors folded in going through an 8' foot gate is going to be tight.