• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

DirtBag Fall 2011 ???

hole

Im in again! I promise to make kinder gentler Caucasian Foreigner's for you older folks. Im bringing my new twins this time. It will make cleanup twice as fast. He heeeeee.
I thought the "Foreigners" where very hospitable, but then again I was trying to numb myself. Looking forward to seeing you and your twins :beer:

hole

Id like to go but I dont have any runnning mvs.
My wheeler has mv tires tho.

You dont need an MV to join us, bring what you have. There will be plenty of MV's for you to peruse and drive. We're a friendly bunch. Not to mention, our local MV dealer (100dollarman) will be in attendance if your in the market for one :beer:

Dave Kay

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a proposition for DB firewood stock; catch is--- it must be harvested.

Got permits last April for 2 cords of fuelwood, as Forest Service calls it, and as yet haven't done the harvest. Location is Mountaintop Ranger District--- Big Bear/Arrowhead. Have truck, trailer, maps and load tickets, chainsaw and required fire extinguisher, etc., and am currently available pretty much any day of the week.

Catch number 2; haven't done this gig before--- so looking for interested parties to PM me and see what assistance and experience may be available to make endeavor as easy and painless as possible. Cost-wise--- its free firewood except for petrol to go get it.

Let me know what you guys think

Met1

As it stands now gentleman (and George) I will probably be benched that weekend. Maybe you guys will have a little peace and quiet this trip (finally) . Just means the next time will be twice as intense. If there is anything I have that's needed, shoot me an IM and I will see that it makes it up there.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll make sure I bring a stocked med kit! Sorry to hear you might not make it :(

Dave k, Hole has harvested in the nat forest before, give him a PM to get pointers. Maybe set a date and see what comes of it

Dave Kay

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As it stands now gentleman (and George) I will probably be benched that weekend. Maybe you guys will have a little peace and quiet this trip (finally) . Just means the next time will be twice as intense. If there is anything I have that's needed, shoot me an IM and I will see that it makes it up there.
AW DARN! Cancel whatever it is Met1! We needs ya' at this picnic! Wife says she sure appreciated your patient coaching on her limited clean-up skills--- 'cause I think she's tired of my self-defense mantra; IT DON'T MATTER WHETHER YOU HIT 'EM HONEY--- JUST AIM FOR THEIR B*LL$--- THEY WON'T ADVANCE ANOTHER STEP!:oops:

BLK HMMWV

DB

Met not sure what to make of the Gentleman and George comment.
But the fact that you recognize me as outside the box means alot to me.
I've been training to be able to take you up on that offer of being hit by lightning.
You have to come. I was planning on sitting this one out. I have passed the torch to you. You figured out how to light both ends of it and still appear normal.
I hope you will find away to make it .You and the Doc will be missed.
BH/ CC/ HTLH

Bad_Carp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well that sucks....there isn't supposed to be peace and quiet, it is Camp Dirtbag, not Camp David!

halftrackkid

We will be there! (olive drab drivers) Cant wait! I need a vacation! Anyone want firewood? Im a farmer (almonds) an will be bringing plenty of wood! See you guys there!

hole

I have a proposition for DB firewood stock; catch is--- it must be harvested.

Got permits last April for 2 cords of fuelwood, as Forest Service calls it, and as yet haven't done the harvest. Location is Mountaintop Ranger District--- Big Bear/Arrowhead. Have truck, trailer, maps and load tickets, chainsaw and required fire extinguisher, etc., and am currently available pretty much any day of the week.

Catch number 2; haven't done this gig before--- so looking for interested parties to PM me and see what assistance and experience may be available to make endeavor as easy and painless as possible. Cost-wise--- its free firewood except for petrol to go get it.

Let me know what you guys think
I did this a couple years ago, alot of work but worth it. What I discovered is it is 98.99% pine, and at least at Lytle Creek's site, is all downed logs 12-16 ft long with the smallest diameter 16". Your permit it good for the entire San Bernardino Forest, but call each individual Ranger Station first to make sure there is wood to get. When I did it 2 years ago, Lytle Creek was the only area to have any. This was fine with me since it was the closest to me as well. I took 2 Deuce loads out and then spent 2 full days splitting with a power splitter:-| Post up when you plan on going, if I'm available I'll join you.

Attachments

hole

We will be there! (olive drab drivers) Cant wait! I need a vacation! Anyone want firewood? Im a farmer (almonds) an will be bringing plenty of wood! See you guys there!
I look forward to meeting you :beer: By your signature line, it looks like it will be tough to choose what to drive! (or fly)

Last edited:

Bad_Carp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
4 Hours drive to go camping in the desert ? I wont be there....
It is alot more than just camping in the desert, but your choice to attend or not. Having been several times I would drive a good 10 hours to make this event, but then again, I know what fun I'm going to have.

K10A

Anyone care to enlighten me ?

Cleanup sounds fun....

I can wheel around here and you guys dont wheel like I do...

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks