• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

dirtbag XI

Dave Kay

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have fun guys!!!!

Off to India for work tomorrow. Hopefully Ill catch the nest one!!!!

Somebodys gotta bring the shovel weinies for me!!!

Bringin back some german mustard too.....hopefully I can make it to the next one!

Cool! Travelled to India twice myself--- what a place! Best of luck on your trip and if you can, bring back some pictures of any Indian MV's you might encounter... and don't forget the Kingfisher Strong!

Attachments

Dave Kay

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Current High Desert weather report; sunshine all day with evening temps getting warmer---e. g., absolutely gorgeous~!!!

Stepped outside last night around 10PM to confirm a suspicion that it's shorts & tee-shirt weather in the high desert--- and it's just beautiful! If the weather holds like this until next weekend, it's going to be a VERY pleasant campout for all.[thumbzup]

TheRecorder

Thursday
Apr 7
Showers
Hi:57°Lo:44°
Showers. High 57F and low 44F. Winds SW at 10 mph. Air Quality:NA, UV Index:NA
30%

Friday
Apr 8
Showers
Hi:57°Lo:47°
Showers. High 57F and low 47F. Winds W at 15 mph. Air Quality:NA, UV Index:NA
40%

Saturday
Apr 9
Showers
Hi:61°Lo:50°
Showers. High 61F and low 50F. Winds W at 12 mph. Air Quality:NA, UV Index:NA
30%

This for Corona of course

Last edited:

TheRecorder

For Victorville

Thursday
Apr 7
Mostly Sunny
Hi:58°Lo:35°
Mostly Sunny. High 58F and low 35F. Winds SW at 17 mph. Air Quality:NA, UV Index:NA
0%

Friday
Apr 8
Showers
Hi:54°Lo:39°
Showers. High 54F and low 39F. Winds W at 13 mph. Air Quality:NA, UV Index:NA
40%

Saturday
Apr 9
Showers
Hi:59°Lo:43°
Showers. High 59F and low 43F. Winds W at 10 mph. Air Quality:NA, UV Index:NA
30%

Last edited:

Dave Kay

Steel Soldiers Supporter
For Victorville

Thursday
Apr 7
Mostly Sunny
Mostly Sunny. High 58F and low 35F. Winds SW at 17 mph. Air Quality:NA, UV Index:NA
0%

Friday
Apr 8
Showers
Showers. High 54F and low 39F. Winds W at 13 mph. Air Quality:NA, UV Index:NA
40%

Saturday
Apr 9
Showers
Showers. High 59F and low 43F. Winds W at 10 mph. Air Quality:NA, UV Index:NA
30%
Yikes! Showers? Where does MSN gets their forcast... here's the National Weather Service thru 'til April 6th

Bad_Carp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Barstow shows same as Victorville (yea, big stretch I know)

Thursday
Apr 7
Mostly Sunny
Mostly Sunny. High 58F and low 35F. Winds SW at 17 mph.

Friday
Apr 8
40 % chance of Showers
Showers. High 54F and low 39F. Winds W at 13 mph.

Saturday
Apr 9
30 % chance of Showers
Showers. High 59F and low 43F. Winds W at 10 mph.

40 and 30% chance of showers means it probably won't rain at all in that area.

Now if I can just fix the total electrical failure I just experienced, I'll be there.

Dave Kay

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Barstow shows same as Victorville (yea, big stretch I know)

Thursday
Apr 7
Mostly Sunny
Mostly Sunny. High 58F and low 35F. Winds SW at 17 mph.

Friday
Apr 8
40 % chance of Showers
Showers. High 54F and low 39F. Winds W at 13 mph.

Saturday
Apr 9
30 % chance of Showers
Showers. High 59F and low 43F. Winds W at 10 mph.

40 and 30% chance of showers means it probably won't rain at all in that area.

Now if I can just fix the total electrical failure I just experienced, I'll be there.
Yea, I'm not sure I'd trust MSANYTHING... anyway, your right about the "chance of showers," quote--- fairly often WRONG~! Rains cats & dogs down below while here we're getting sunburned on the golf course.. go figure?

BTW; what sort of electrical demon is troubling you? Have you checked all your grounds? Hope it ain't serious.

Bad_Carp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yea, I'm not sure I'd trust MSANYTHING... anyway, your right about the "chance of showers," quote--- fairly often WRONG~! Rains cats & dogs down below while here we're getting sunburned on the golf course.. go figure?

BTW; what sort of electrical demon is troubling you? Have you checked all your grounds? Hope it ain't serious.
Looking like voltage reg fried along with the generator, the 12V DC/ 110V A/C system in the box seems to be fine, just the 24V system I need for starting and driving is shot. Looking at options now for replacement and hoping there is no further issue. But yea, I'd call it serious when smoke comes pouring out from the voltage reg.

Dave Kay

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looking like voltage reg fried along with the generator, the 12V DC/ 110V A/C system in the box seems to be fine, just the 24V system I need for starting and driving is shot. Looking at options now for replacement and hoping there is no further issue. But yea, I'd call it serious when smoke comes pouring out from the voltage reg.
Sorry I'm not that familiar with the 109-type elec system. But I DO own a '72 VW Beetle w/old-style volt-reg and generator. One fine day the volt-reg starting smoking (only I didn't know what it was at the time) and THE DARN THING IS LOCATED UNDER THE BACK SEAT! Needless to say I got to it before the whole car went up but I never trusted that setup again.

Besides carrying a spare regulator in case of another failure, I made all tools and methods handy to IMMEDIATLY get to the little bugger before it could start a fire again. Thought about relocating it inside the engine compartment but never got around to it. Lesson learned: old-ish electrical stuff can be dangerous.

BTW: Does your rig have an automotive fuse-block type elec system? Or maybe some way to isolate the starting/charging sys from the lights and accesories? That may give you clue to the problem.

Hope you get your situation straighened out ASAP.

Bad_Carp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
With the Voltage regulator fried, there isn't much can be done. I've ordered the upgrade wiring harness to bypass the voltage regulator and go with a 70A alternator rather than the current faulty 30A generator.

Now just hoping there are no delays with the parts.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got a bonus alt if yours doesn't come in. You can push start it and pray you don't stall it!

BLK HMMWV

dirt bag canceled new date in limbo

Well
WWI asked me to post this. He is canceling the event and wants to reschedule the event due to personal reasons what ever that means.
So stand by for the new date, or dates or until he gets a good 2011 calender .

BH

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks