• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dirty Glass

mudman

Guys;
I have an 86 1028, I drive it when I can lets say every other weekend or so. Here's the problem while parked (outside) the glass on the inside gets a film on it. I don't smoke, the Heater core is not leaking. I clean it off and it's a job sometimes, it just dosen't wipe off with Windex. What can it be. It looks like I smoked a carton of Cig's and haven't washed the windows in 5 years. Is there something they may have sprayed in the cab for bugs or something? Does anyone else have this problem??
It's a drag having to clean the windows just to go riding around.

Ken

mudman

Not really Derrick. It's not hot here now. So will be washing them until it stops I hope. Stuff is nasty to get off. I was thinking they sprayed some jungle juice in there or something.

Ken

MarcusOReallyus

The plastics in most cars give off stuff that gunks up the windows, but I've never heard of it happening that fast. Besides, the amount of "outgassing" (to use the technical term) drops off with age, so I wouldn't think there would be much left in these old trucks.

Something under the seats??

Like your avatar! :beer:

Keith_J

Sounds like the urethane foam is dying. Happens to my 1031 too. I use uncut ammonia (ammonium hydroxide). Well, the 10% stuff sold at janitorial supply houses. Wish I could get the reagent 28% stuff.

MarcusOReallyus

I think we have a winner. I hadn't thought of the foam.

I like a 50/50 mix of ammonia & alcohol for serious cleaning. Really cheap vodka or any other colorless liquor. Just watch out for the fumes!

Abbylind

Yep your dash and seats are the cause. Hot environment, and a lot of UV will send out the gasses. Mine was so bad it looked like film on the inside of the glass

dmilkman589

how are you sure the heater core is not leaking slightly? im not doughting you it would just be good to know for future refrace if this happens to me

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks