• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Disappearing act

bshupe

I dont know if I am just enamored with my MV but it seems to me that this CARC paint makes my truck disappear at night. Its not the paint pattern or angle or even lighting, the truck just is invisible at night.

Anyone else have this little joy in there life?

67_C-30

I mistakenly turned my blackout lights one time and went outside later that night to get something only to see nothing them glowing. My M1009 was parked near the woodline and it was freaky looking until I figured out what I was seeing! -lol

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Its a good feeling isn't it...? I am doing a 383 carc kit on mine this week. Popacom is selling NOS black out light kits. I replaced them all. These will last another 25 years. It makes a big difference. Food for thought. [thumbzup]

bshupe

Mine is currently (modified by PO) three color woodland camo and I am hoping to get my hands on one of those 383 kits or equivalent and paint the whole thing.

New b/o lights would be cool too.

firefox

General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The guy I bought my CUCV from said that he got pulled over and questioned why
his radar gun didn't work on the truck. I thought he was just pulling my leg, but
you never know. some of you may know Gene from Colorado.
Bruce

bshupe

The guy I bought my CUCV from said that he got pulled over and questioned why
his radar gun didn't work on the truck. I thought he was just pulling my leg, but
you never know. some of you may know Gene from Colorado.
Bruce

I would be willing to give that a try but with 4.56 it wont go fast enough to warrant a radar gun being pointed at it. rofl

Seriously though, I have a cop in the family so I will do an experiment and see what happens. As mentioned in another thread I started, light seems to be swallowed up by the paint and since light and radar are both on the same continuum there might be something to it.

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
SERIOUSLY?

YOU'RE WORRIED ABOUT GOING TO FAST IN A CUCV? Especially any of the pickup variant with the 4.56 gearing??? rofl

I run mine at 65 all day long, but I don't push it any faster.

my 09... that's another story with the 3.08 gearing it can do well over 65

I guess if you were out doing 35 mph in a 25 mph zone, then OK you COULD speed in your 08...

and yes, both mine kind of disappear at night as well... still getting used to the two new trailers - their silhouettes I'm not used to yet