• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Disc brake type pinion lock

wdbtchr

I've seen pictures of a disc brake type of pinion lock on deuces and wondered if anyone knows if somebody makes one for the 5 tons. My parking brake is shot and in lew of being able to find parts to repair it I'm considering changing it to the other type. Any thoughts or ideas?

jeli

Look up the Nexen Group and the BC425S caliper. It is a spring engaged / air released caliper. It's rated for a 24" disc but will fit a 16" disc. Depending on the diameter of the drive shaft flange you could go down a bit more. You start running into interference issues. It's setup for a 1/2" disc but you could make your own and mess with the threaded rods that hold the halves together. It fully releases at 69 psi. On a 16" disc it is good for 245 ft lbs of torque. Not cheap but if you watch Ebay they are on there sometimes.

wdbtchr

I figured someone on here would have the answer. Thanks, now I have a starting place. I guess my next stop is to head down to the farm and take some measurements.