• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Disk brake conversion

Ryan123

Hey i have a 1970 am general m35A2 ive been thinking of doing a disk brake conversion on it but feel that if i could find the rotors and calipers being used i can fab my own brackets as buying them is expensive.

anyone know what rotors and calipers are being used off hand possibly part numbers?

Thanks,
Ryan

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Let me get this straight, you guys searched, and found those links?

Ryan123

Frankly if you don't have an answer post elsewhere I'm looking to see if someone had it all figured out rather than read 50 different posts about stuff 6 years ago. No offense but that's what I'm getting at

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Frankly if you don't have an answer post elsewhere I'm looking to see if someone had it all figured out rather than read 50 different posts about stuff 6 years ago. No offense but that's what I'm getting at
And that's actually my feelings exactly. I do not get into the really complicated modifications, so most any question that I have had, and likely will have, is/has already been answered. Though I suppose I subscribe to a different opinion on how forums are suppose to work. I believe they are based upon members and community interacting with one another. I would rather new members re-ask questions again and again, than for them to generate no input and no communication with the on-line group. Also, sometimes members just want to interact with the current community, whether or not their comment has been said or asked before. Without the new growth, without the inclusion of new members and them feeling included and valued, any organization will eventually whither and die in stagnation.

I do realize that it gets tiresome, and there are some people that I call vampires because they latch onto a healthy community (whether online or local) and suck the life from it, always taking, never giving. Such is the human race, and will be until the end of time.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
And now, the next guy will need to either read or ignore 51 threads.

We do value our site's history(archives).

We value it so much, that we ask members to post with proper grammar and punctuation(easier to read for generations to come).

sandpirates

I installed a conversion on my deuce. Got it off eBay. Was pretty easy to install but can't remember where it came from. I just did the rears. I'm going to do the fronts soon. I think the rotors and calipers are from a ford 550. I recommend a 4 piston caliper for better stopping. Heavy load and 395 tires she doesn't stop very well. Maybe I'm having issues with the air assist. Need to look into it