• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Display colors or style?

PeterD

Is there a way to change the color (style?) of the forum display? The contrast between the darker background and the colored characters is too low for me to be able to comfortably read it.

Many forums allow a couple of different styles, but I don't see that option here.

:cry:

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is pretty much it. Thereis a way though. if your broswer allows (netscape/mozilla does) - go to

Tools
Options
Content
Colors

and set it to use the system default colors instead of the website specified colors. It will look odd but you can see it with the same contrast as for example windows notepad.

Attachments

Last edited:

PeterD

That's not really a viable option because it affects all other web sites.

It's unfortunate that the color scheme was implemented, it violates one of the basic rules of web design (insufficient contrast between background and text), and equally unfortunate that they appear to have disabled the ability to use other "board styles", which would solve the problem. Not everyone is able to read low contrast text (especially as we get older, but I'm not saying I'm old!)

I do appreciate your attempt to help me, perhaps the forum admins will realize that the color choices are not optimal, and find a better solution. White letters with the OD background might work, but the real solution is to allow users the choice of colors, which with most forum software is implemented in the "board styles" options.

Anyway, thanks for that suggestion. Wish it was usable.

PeterD

Incredible... My signature is BEING CHANGED by the board!!! WTF? It says "(And I can't read *signatures* well..." but what is written in my profile is "(And I can't read *posts* well..."

I REALLY HATE IT WHEN PEOPLE put the WRONG words in my mouth. auaauaauaauaauaaua

Geeze guys, is there ANY REASON why you are changing my signature? :shock:

AND please fix this problem!

Jones

The forum display isn't too bad and can be brightened up by highlighting altough it would be nice to have other color or contrast options.
What's killin' these old eyes is the white text on light grey in the titles column of the tech library. How 'bout some help here, Mangus.

tmbrwolf

Different color options would be nice, I have "red / green" color deficiency and have on occasion had to highlight text to read it, some colors for me just blend into the background making it impossible for me to read otherwise, and yes i'm getting to be in the old fart catagory!:???: