• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

disposable spray gun for painting your vinyl

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
this came about when a member ask me where to get the paint to spray paint the vinyl in our trucks... I got MINE at an auto paint supply store in Denver... but I came across them in Home Depot - the exact units I bought for WAY more money - with out further ado, here is that PM I sent

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

While I don't know if you have a Home Depot where you live - even if not, here is the Home Depot website SHOWING the type of 'spray gun' you need...

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1...atalogId=10053

this is the one I've used many times successfully. All I've had to do is buy new recharge units. it's really easy to use. I got MY Preval at a auto paint supply store for WAY more than $5 so this is a find for me as well!!

here is the recharge unit for $4!!

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1...atalogId=10053

hope that helps.

AND I think I'm going to post this as a thread...
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

if you look at this thread here, you will see the spray gun in the FIRST PICTURE in the series...

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/cucv/39009-making-progress-summer-projects.html

it works great and now I have a less expensive choice at purchase

all good things

edpdx

Wallew, I had been wondering about these units and was even going to get one. I ended up taking a paint course at the Community COllege to paint my wife's car last summer. I was introduced to all the steps of priming and painting with compressed air guns. I promptly came home and tackled some projects I had been frankly to squeamish to try. Among them were some mirror housings for my Cougar, my M1009 seats and even a scouting rifle that I painted with the Lauer DuraCoat paints. I used an inexpensive paint gun from HF that was a mini-detailers type kit. It comes with about everything you need for under $20 IIRC.

Easy enough and the finish was excellent- better than you can get with a rattle can by far. The coverage on my replacement seats (s10 donor) is very nice- seats still look new (not newly painted) after 4 months.

The Preval bottle kits are still less money; but if you have a compressor, the trigger on a traditional HVLP "gun" will be more comfortable over the course of larger jobs. Looks like a very convenient way to tackle small jobs- especially on interiors: dash, kick panels, door panels and ceilings and hoods.

littlebob

When I was a teenager, we used to paint cars for friends and friends of friends. I started with an old Bink's and DeVibiss that I had to take apart and clean every piece between paint jobs. I remember when I got my first imported ASTRO paint gun from the local paint store for $40 and
it sprayed almost as well. I gave up on the extreme cleaning and just added $40 to the paint job. I would use the last gun for primers and sealers and the new one for the finish coats.
When I do the next job on the Deuce I'm going to try the HF HVLP.

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
yeah, you could use this to paint your weapons...

View attachment 299505

that's a Howa in the foreground I built up in gunsmithing school - I painted it four colors of blue over a gray primer

the one in the rear is a Chinese M14 that I also rebuilt - I just used the receiver - replaced everything else using USGI Match pieces

I LOVE painting things - I can't say why

and I will try out some of those lower cost HLVP guns as I do have a nice compressor

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks