• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

DIY beadlocked stock-style wheels

Jakob

I was looking around for some parts to use on my Ramcharger and had an idea. I seen some DIY weld-on bead locks for 20" wheels.

My thought was to cut up and widen the stock wheels like has been posted here before. Then, weld on the bead lock to that and it should make it easily a 10" wide mounting surface, if not almost 12". The only reason I say to widen them too is because of the offset (running singles). I guess the centers could be flipped instead. It only left me with 2 questions though...
One) Would that even be a good idea on a truck as heavy as ours?
Two) Widen the wheel or flip the centers and add the beadlocks?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks