• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Diy center console stereo

ramdough

That looks like it will be fun to use.

Any chance you made a build video in progress?

How does the air get to the heater? Only outside air mode?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

coachgeo

hmm... will try again later..... but for me the video would never open on youtube... just a rolling whirligig going in a circle showing it is trying to find something.

coachgeo

About 2 hrs to build
$30 speaker radio combo from walmart
$90 amp sub encloser gutted and installed
Just need cup holders installed and itll be prefect https://youtube.com/shorts/pc3U9HZJpQs?feature=share
the grate below the heater controls..the vent that I assume is cab environment air intake...... sooo with this unit you built there..... how does it get air from the cab into the area it's to get heated? Looks like your consul blocks it.

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
About 2 hrs to build
$30 speaker radio combo from walmart
$90 amp sub encloser gutted and installed
Just need cup holders installed and itll be prefect https://youtube.com/shorts/pc3U9HZJpQs?feature=share
Looks great! on each end beside the side speaker cut a circle or a rectangle on both ends to let the dash heater to breath and your set ! And those cup holders do look great where did you find them at?

jth3rd

Looks great! on each end beside the side speaker cut a circle or a rectangle on both ends to let the dash heater to breath and your set ! And those cup holders do look great where did you find them at?
Dash heater has about 1/2 gap on either side about 4 inches high still probably restrictive but we shall see.

And 3d printed them https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1004856

coachgeo

Dash heater has about 1/2 gap on either side about 4 inches high still probably restrictive but we shall see.

And 3d printed them https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1004856
cut out a portion of the sides to let air in/out? IMHO even in summer you will cook your speakers and radio if there is not air flow.... it will be an oven inside that box from heat rising from the engine/trans thru the floor... then getting contained in the box in the summers

A cheap IR Meter and you will find out... easy enough.. or a tiny hole drilled in it and a probe thermometer popped in there. Keep us posted

Third From Texas

cut out a portion of the sides to let air in/out? IMHO even in summer you will cook your speakers and radio if there is not air flow.... it will be an oven inside that box from heat rising from the engine/trans thru the floor... then getting contained in the box in the summers

A cheap IR Meter and you will find out... easy enough.. or a tiny hole drilled in it and a probe thermometer popped in there. Keep us posted
Toss a 12v PC fan in there for good measure. Noctua 120 and 140 are dead silent. And if you want to get *really* fancy, add a 100° switch.

:)

Third From Texas

*If* I ever get around to building my center console, I can see how power windows would be nice. I typically shy away from things like power windows in my off-road vics (one more thing to break) but if I put a center console in they would sure come in handy to get that passenger window open.

Nice job !

Did you use the same ones that Keith used in his truck?

coachgeo

*If* I ever get around to building my center console, I can see how power windows would be nice. I typically shy away from things like power windows in my off-road vics (one more thing to break) but if I put a center console in they would sure come in handy to get that passenger window open.

Nice job !

Am opposite. Love music.. tooo much... it distracts me when I need to concentrate cause my mind wants to get lost in it...... elec. windows..... while dont care about driver side so much.. wanting to lower passenger side when your alone (99.9% time for me)... that is when their a godsend

Third From Texas

Am opposite. Love music.. tooo much... it distracts me when I need to concentrate cause my mind wants to get lost in it...... elec. windows..... while dont care about driver side so much.. wanting to lower passenger side when your alone (99.9% time for me)... that is when their a godsend
Yep. Only saving grace with the LMTV is having so much open space to slide over and reach the crank. But with the center console installed, it creates a bit more of a barrier.

As far as music goes, I don't find it any more distracting than wearing intercom cans. In fact, I always pipe music to the intercoms.

jth3rd

Nice job !

Not sure these were amazon cheapos they do the job but dont see them lasting very long.

The center console, just plugs into the 12v plug, not worried about saving station as I always stream off my phone and this radio atleast remembers last connected device. I'll post a video tomarrow showing it.

Only thing left to do is install keyless system so lock and unlocks when you get close and activates relay enabling the starter switch for modern security.

Granted anyone with half a brain about these trucks could start it with the switches under the cab

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks