• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Diy, cover your exhaust pipe

Alredneck

Banned
Wouldnt it just be easier to just crank your trucks up after it rains to keep the elements out! One day of rain, snow, whatever isnt going to rust a J pipe.:driver:

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
For longer term storage a large zip lock bag and rubber band. This will keep ambent temp/mostuire out of open cylinder.

Last edited:

dabtl

I've found that the red Folgers coffee cans have a tight friction fit on the deuces, but still blow off easily when starting. I thought about painting them green, but this way I can find them in the grass.

I still haven't found the right size for the 5-ton stack.
Absolutely the best idea and use for a Folger's coffee container. I have been using them for three years. They work perfectly, last a decent amount of time and are easily available for replacement.

phantomjeep

Captain .. Way up here in the north ,i take the batteries out for winter!!!! And in the summer it saves washing the black carbon off the truck parked down wind. Anyone else puked the black stuff up on something parked near by???? Lets hear about your oop's on the car!!!!

Captain remember this drop-off

Attachments

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just replaced my exhaust yesterday (thanks for the kit Citizensoldier) and as I layed in bed listening to rain at 3AM....... oh stools!
I got up, cut the top 1/4 off of a 2 litre pop bottle and drove to the shop and covered the pipe.

wdbtchr

That's dedication getting up in the middle of the night. I would have waited till the next morning and started it up to blow it out before covering it it were close. Mine is 100 miles away so I cover it before I leave each time.:roll: I just discovered the j pipe on my M54a2 has a hole in it, this was a fire department turn-in I got from a forestry sale. Guess I'm looking for a new pipe.:sad:

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's dedication getting up in the middle of the night. I would have waited till the next morning and started it up to blow it out before covering it it were close. Mine is 100 miles away so I cover it before I leave each time.:roll: I just discovered the j pipe on my M54a2 has a hole in it, this was a fire department turn-in I got from a forestry sale. Guess I'm looking for a new pipe.:sad:

Couldn't sleep anyway, (worked a major house fire earlier and was still wired. Can one be dead tired and still wired?) and I didn't want to give Mr. Corrosion the upper hand.

Flyingvan911

I got a 1 gallon paint bucket from the hardware store and painted it green and black. I use a 22" rubber bungie with electric tape on the s-hooks to keep from scratching the paint on the mirror bracket.

I use a soft ball with a rbf flag attached to it (original F4 Phantom, to keep it mil :) ).
Also has a nice trajectory when it pops off, because a preoccupied driver forgets to remove it. .-)

Cheers,
Mark

Attachments

Last edited:

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rain cap!

I use plastic mayo and mustard jugs. They are a great fit. Never blown off in wind gusts up to 75mph. They are heavier than milk jugs but, blow off fine when starting the engine.

Attachments

Last edited:

Kenny714

I've painted both the motorhome and the boat several times with black soot. I just use any cup or can I can find when parking it. I always forget to take them off and they get run over or blow away. I had to remove my J-pipe to weld it shut and ended up welding a bung in the bottom for easy draining. Wing nut welded to a bolt makes it quick and painless.

A

A/C Cages

I used a coffee can but after forgetting to remove it before starting it, I had to find another coffee can to replace that one.... We never did find it. lol

This time we chained it to the exhaut pipe and had a hook on the can to keep it there while driving down the road. I did once forget to remove it and that chain kept it from taking off again.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks