• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

DIY Injector Servicing

JasonS

I have found that most (at least all that I have encountered) injector issues are due to the pintle being stuck/ sticky. Freeing it up and cleaning it up has been sufficient to put it back in service. There are low cost injector pop testers on Amazon for less than $100 which work fine. My pop tester came with two injection line tubes. I adapted one to my Onan injector and the other to the multifuel injector:

The injector sleeve/ferrules are available from a variety of sources. I got mine here: https://www.tractorpartsasap.com/sleeve-injection-pipe-new-international-162718.html The nut is simply an inverted brake line fitting from Napa (Balkamp 641-3324).

Attachments

rustystud

I have found that most (at least all that I have encountered) injector issues are due to the pintle being stuck/ sticky. Freeing it up and cleaning it up has been sufficient to put it back in service. There are low cost injector pop testers on Amazon for less than $100 which work fine. My pop tester came with two injection line tubes. I adapted one to my Onan injector and the other to the multifuel injector:

The injector sleeve/ferrules are available from a variety of sources. I got mine here: https://www.tractorpartsasap.com/sleeve-injection-pipe-new-international-162718.html The nut is simply an inverted brake line fitting from Napa (Balkamp 641-3324).
Thanks Jason for this post !
I've been meaning to set-up my pop-tester but never got around to buying the fittings needed.
By the way. What fittings did you need to adapt to the Onan injectors ?

Gastrap

Nice set up.

It's good to have a steel lapping block as well. Injector bodies and sometimes even new nozzles require lapping to seal properly. Most of the injectors I overhaul are KDEL for John Deere, but I've done a few sets for the multifuel engines.

JasonS

Thanks Jason for this post !
I've been meaning to set-up my pop-tester but never got around to buying the fittings needed.
By the way. What fittings did you need to adapt to the Onan injectors ?
For the onan, I used the same ferrule as the multifuel. Unfortunately, to get a fitting, I had to cut one off a spare onan injection line. I never thought I'd need a generator where I live but we lost power last summer during a massive storm. Went from daylight to black as night in the time to run from the shed to the house.

By the way, use WD40 instead of diesel fuel in the pop tester. I found that, after a year, the pop tester was locked solid with today's diesel fuel.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
For the onan, I used the same ferrule as the multifuel. Unfortunately, to get a fitting, I had to cut one off a spare onan injection line. I never thought I'd need a generator where I live but we lost power last summer during a massive storm. Went from daylight to black as night in the time to run from the shed to the house.

By the way, use WD40 instead of diesel fuel in the pop tester. I found that, after a year, the pop tester was locked solid with today's diesel fuel.
You can get calibrating fluid from your local ADS shop. Has the same SG as diesel but doesn't get nasty when it sits.

Gastrap

You can get calibrating fluid from your local ADS shop. Has the same SG as diesel but doesn't get nasty when it sits.
Right. I have a squirt bottle for assembling pumps and injectors that has some 5 or more year old calibrating fluid in it, never seems to change much.

rustystud

Thanks Jason. :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks