• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

DJE YOU Won't believe where I found parts

TPK

I ordered them from Race-Mart, but their website is a little misleading. It lists them for $15 apiece but they are actually more than that and you have to buy a pack of ten. Also they are back-ordered, as they are at most places. I called the Champion factory (not called Champion anymore, BTW) and they said that they are quite a bit back-ordered on them, and that they only produce them once in awhile. They are due to fill "some" orders in the next few weeks.
All of the GP "kits" I have personally seen consist of one plug, one washer, and a crimp on wire connector and crimp-on blade terminal. These are not the weather-protected outdoor-type terminals, but the cheapo indoor rated non-sealed type.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I ordered glow plugs from Race-Mart back on January 6 and they said they would be delivered by January 27. I have never received them and I don't get any response when I ask for information. Since I was approaching the 60 days, I contested the charge with MC today.

CDR

I ordered glow plugs from Race-Mart back on January 6 and they said they would be delivered by January 27. I have never received them and I don't get any response when I ask for information. Since I was approaching the 60 days, I contested the charge with MC today.
Very interesting I ordered mine around the exact same date and I've heard nothing I called today and someone said they were going to call back and I still heard nothing

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very interesting I ordered mine around the exact same date and I've heard nothing I called today and someone said they were going to call back and I still heard nothing
Be careful that you don't exceed the 60 day limit on contesting the charge with your credit card provider.

CDR

Be careful that you don't exceed the 60 day limit on contesting the charge with your credit card provider.
Got this message today

David,

We have several orders for this item so we're checking. We'll try to have the Order Status System updated tomorrow.

hurst01

I checked with all the glow plug suppliers I could find... did a lot of web searches and they are not available. One of the diesel suppliers told me that Champion had plans to produce some within the next 3-5 years. I only have about 15 of the CH42 glow plugs left myself. I found someone that told me they had quite a few of the CH42 glow plugs left and I tried buying them all because I found that most sellers were gouging those that needed them and I knew there was a need for them on this site. When I received them they were Champion CH41. I was sick because the 182 glow plugs I bought were not cheap. After searching I found that the glow plugs are identical in every way to the CH42 except that they are 11 Volt instead of 24 volt. They are for Onan civilian generators. I only needed 2 of the CH42 when I originally purchased them but had such a hard time finding them that I bought all I could find so others could get them (not so smart). At least I got my money back, that is until I purchased the CH41 glow plugs. Now seem to be screwed unless there is a need for the CH41 glow plugs.

steelypip

If CH42s get hard enough to find, you have a ready market in selling CH41s with a dropping resistor. Heck, you might anyway if they're cheap enough. I'd be willing to take a pair for the shelf given how hard the CH42s are.

This presumes, of course, that they fit the civilian DJE sets so they are actually compatible with the MEP002A and MEP003A in every respect except for voltage requirement.

hurst01

The CH41s are 11 volt which allows the glow plug to get a bit hotter in a shorter amount of time. I fear that I might have made a mistake by adding to this thread, I just noticed that we are not supposed to post ad details, it was not my intention to do so and I hope that no one thinks I was trying to promote it. I was just merely trying to say that the CH42s are not available to my knowledge. I have considered using a dropping resistor, just need to determine exactly how so that it would be affordable.
I had a bit of cash saved up to put toward a street rod that I am working on when I ran across these. The intent was only to not lose my investment. I looked for a long time before I found a CH42 and then wound up with the initial batch of CH42s and I am about out of them. Now I wound up with the CH41s and everything I had saved for my car is tied up in them. There is a diesel dealer that I had initially talked to, I told him about the glow plugs and where to find them, I saw that he didn't buy them so I did. I have been regretting it to an extent.

Willey9586

The CH41s are 11 volt which allows the glow plug to get a bit hotter in a shorter amount of time. I fear that I might have made a mistake by adding to this thread, I just noticed that we are not supposed to post ad details, it was not my intention to do so and I hope that no one thinks I was trying to promote it. I was just merely trying to say that the CH42s are not available to my knowledge. I have considered using a dropping resistor, just need to determine exactly how so that it would be affordable.
I had a bit of cash saved up to put toward a street rod that I am working on when I ran across these. The intent was only to not lose my investment. I looked for a long time before I found a CH42 and then wound up with the initial batch of CH42s and I am about out of them. Now I wound up with the CH41s and everything I had saved for my car is tied up in them. There is a diesel dealer that I had initially talked to, I told him about the glow plugs and where to find them, I saw that he didn't buy them so I did. I have been regretting it to an extent.
This an ancient thread, but do you or anyone else have any CH41 plugs available to buy?

Ray70

Are you looking to use the CH41's in an Mep-002/003 or a civilian DJ gen?
Only reason I ask is that the CH41 is a 12V glow plug. The CH42 was a 24V.
Onan lists the 333-0106 as being for 12V marine applications.
I have had bad experiences with HMMWV glow plugs that were advertised as 24V but in reality were mis-represented 12V plugs.
They lasted mere seconds in a 24V HMMWV before burning up.
Maybe it was also a case of poor quality, but I would definitely not use a CH41 if you have an 002/003.

If you have a 12V DJ engine, then you should be good to go with the CH41 ( aka 33-0106 and Champion 152 )