• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

DMetalmiki's new wrecker

FreightTrain

Banned
DMetalmiki is having trouble posting pictures so he asked me to post some the story and pics for him(Dang modern day Megapixle cameras with crappy freebee software!).Here ya go....Cut and paste of Email story and modified picture....Good looking rig too....

I bid for it after seeing add on milweb. went to see it..FELL IN LOVE..and here comes the guy UPPING THE PRICE!! saying this that and those people are promising to come see and buy!! I FINALLY got to a figure he reluctantly accepted..THEN I had to bid over for the b.... manuals..so..I(fast hooked up ((my car))and..?..off)...well I tell y'all IT DROVE SUPER! has a whistlin 465 EVERYTHING WORKS..no leaks..AND it does NOT have the "dreaded long oil pressure" wait on start up..as it HAS a plumbed in motor/oil priming system profesionaly done by the ordinance (army) depot molsworth where it was staioned. (coincidently my M45 fire truck came from that source too!) ..It is a very welcome addition as with five U.S. army trucks a scammell tank transporter ,jeep..and m/cycle..it really is a required piece of kit..and its an I.H.C. 1953. NO rot anywhere!..so..Im amazed pleased and well satisfied!..who IDENTIFIES whith.."that lump in the..." as one aproaches home with the new..addition?..and sometimes (just) sits in the cab...not quite believing that..I (actualy) am in possesion of all this..green.KIT!....P.S.folks.(before anyone points it out!!) yep thats a HOLMES addition on back! I was going to remove it..but after comments from others..NO WAY! it stays..AND I have allready used it!..<the> on back HAS been removed tho!

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: DMetalmiki

Neat. It has M108 cab flood lights. I'm working on a similar type towbar using modified military towbar parts and the such. Won't be nearly as tidy as that but it will make lift towing a breeze.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Maybe one day I'll come up with a reason that I need to own a wrecker, cause they're SO COOL AND I WANT ONE!

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor

Looks awesome! :beer:

dmetalmiki

Thanks for the nice comments everyone..(and now) I have had time to look it over in detail and Inspect closer..I am (as "they say") TOTALY gob smacked by the condition..this truck is the OLDEST on my collection..actually beating the scammell tank/trsptr by 12 months!! the doors (bottoms!) wing (fender) inners..inside cab flooring lockers etc..ALL CLEAN ..and no rust or rot! WHERE has this truck BEEN?? I wunderz...HA! well its mine now..and I rate it as.....MY BEST ADDITION>. oh..and P.S. IT also came with a rear SPADE EARTH ANCHOR!! pins to rear under chassis..I will post pics later of that unit. BOY am I looking 4 ward 2 this years shows and rallies in G.B. DEK.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Did you find where or when it was overhauled? I'm looking at picking up your truck's brother this weekend.

dmetalmiki

well according to the papers with it ..'twas stationed at molesworth prior to "discharge" and the u.s. government wrote it off as over limitt for repair etc! but it was taken BY THE MOD and re-furbished by english millitary peronell and sold from the BRITTISH disposal company. NOT d.o.d. (the M.O.D) from there to one owner who spent well over £1500 on it in variouse improvements and mods. (the oil filter mod was the most functional and DESIROUSE!!)..neat work that!. the next owner kept it for 11 years ..doing no work and LITTLE rallying...and so it came into my possesion last saturday!..I have seen otheres..NON AS GOOD AS THIS condition wise..(includes ALL my others!)allways wanted a 543 OR 816!..(so the cranes different)My mates sed A crane is A CRANE!. CANT fault this M62.WELL impressed!

dmetalmiki

I ALLREADY got'n MINE lol...and am WELL pleased with it! had I known how complex they are (I like complicated) machines ..not just a steering wheel 'n pedals lol) tho tahts usefull too! I would have obtained one years ago!..NOW to go look for some ORIGINAL kit and the like...bars chains blocks..geniz etc etc etc..have squite a few allready..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks