• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Do all military trailers have air brakes??

Steamynachos

Hi all I would like to know if most military trailers have air brakes or a air over hydro like the trucks have. The reason I am asking is I need a flat deck to haul a piece of equipment behind my M813A1 and if the trailer is strait air I need a commercial lic. but if it's air over hydo I am good to go. Now the trailers I am talking about are flat decks that can haul about 22000 LBS with a pintle hitch. I have seen some come up for sale but they dont say what kind of brake systems they have.

Thanks

Westech

CPL
well the little trailers (under 2 ton) most have the air over hydro or a surge braking system or no brakes at all. Most that are over 2.5 ton are full air brakes and any that is 5th wheel towed is air only. To make sure just look.

Nonotagain

The M1048a1, the M1061a1 and the M1073, all have air over hydraulic brakes. The only problem is that the maximum weight rating for the M1073 is only 15,000 lbs.

One SS member here converted a Hemit trailer to use a lunette instead of the bolt together contraption that the Hemit uses.

I can't speak for what type of brakes the Hemit trailers use as I have no first hand experience.