• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Do it urself bed liners????

Trudge

I love Line X but it cost SOOOOO much , I own a fabrication shop so i have all the space and tools to get set up to spray in my own
can any one point me in the correct direction??

I have a customer with over 50 fleet vehicle and equipment to boot and they are very eager for me to get this going ; so any help would be great!

my email is rightwayfabrication@hotmail.com

BTW I am a completely moblie welding fabrication shop! so if u need something made drop me a line. Horse trading always welcome!

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you've got the stuff needed already, and the customers are lined lined up, why not contact Line-x corp and see about a franchise??

I have it in my pick-up and I'm with you. I love it. I would love to have it sprayed in the deuce, but I know it will cost almost as much as the deuce did.

nhdiesel

For those who don't already have experience with them, STAY AWAY from the DIY roll-on liners. I used Herculiner on several projects, and did excellent prep every time, and every one of them peeled after a while. I'd like to find something that actually works and doesn't cost $400+ for a truck bed like the pros get. That Al's sounds interesting.

Jim

Trudge

Line X Just called me...........I am looking to get a mobile unit set up
this will be perfect for me since I allready have a mobile buissness
so in a few weeks i may be to come to my customers and apply Line X ON SIGHT .....

Sundance

As far as the DIY type I used it to coat the inside and bottom of my battery box. So far its holding up but it hasn't been that long. Also rolled it on top of the M109, hope it lasts :roll:.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Trudge, if you can get that set-up and apply the true line-x...I'll bet you could make a killing going to a rally (GA Rally maybe??????????)

Do I hear/see a discount for SS members?????

lavarok

Line X Just called me...........I am looking to get a mobile unit set up
this will be perfect for me since I allready have a mobile buissness
so in a few weeks i may be to come to my customers and apply Line X ON SIGHT .....
Make sure you read that franchise agreement carefully. Line-X assigns territories so it may conflict with your mobile business idea. Unless you keep your customers within your assigned geographic territory. However, you can work with other franchise shops that don't offer mobile services for jobs that can not be brought into their shop. I looked very closely at buying the local franchise three years ago.

wdbtchr

Not familiar with Line-X myself, but I did do a small trailer with a wood deck that I haul my Cubs on with Herculiner. I used white oak boards that I air dried for two years in my basement(to take advantage of the conditioned air for drying). I gave the boards two coats of marine varnish before I mounted them and before I applied the liner I ran over the varnish just enough to dull the finish and put masking tape under the bed covering the cracks between the boards to help lock the liner to the bed. So far it's held upl well after four years, knock on wood(no pun intended). I would love to do the M51A2 bed but that stuff is way too expensive, especially if it doesn't hold up when applied to metal.

nhdiesel

Part of the problem is that its so thin if you use their recommended coverage. You would need at least 2 gallons, maybe 3 to get a decent layer on an 8 foot pickup box. To do a Deuce body, I would say at least 4 gallons.

By the time you count up the cost of 4 gals. of that stuff, you might as well pay the pros to spray some good stuff on.

To be honest, when I bought the Herculiner I bought several gallons of the different colors at once- black, gray, and red were available then. After using the red and a couple cans of black and seeing what it did, I threw out the brand new can of gray. It was THAT bad. When I called the company to complain, they tried to insist it must have been my prep. In every case, the prep was the same- clean the surface with Xylene; sand (very thoroughly) with 80-grit; clean with Xylene again; apply the liner. Exactly what their instructions show. The bed of my Dakota actually started peeling almost immediately after putting the liner on. It bubbled up and started coming off in big chunks.

Jim

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks