• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Do Not deal with Darrel Braun

mdcarriers

Darrel Braun will rip you off. Do not haul anything for this guy. He cheated me out of my brokering fee by giving me false credit card info. See conversations forum for more detailed info on this guy. I have listed his addresses and phones and case anyone needs the info. Someone please file charges on him so we can get him locked up.

ida34

He has done plenty of stuff to be charged with crimes. The problem is people do not follow through and even if they do prosecution if difficult with him moving around all the time.

If he gave you false info credit card info why don't you file a report and get the ball rolling on prosecuting him for the crime he committed against you. Why ask someone else to file charges if you are not yourself. If you simply meant to encourage other to people to file charged in addition to you filing charges then I must have misunderstood.

If he gave you the info over the phone then you can file a report with your local law enforcement agency. If it was over the phone you can file a report locally. If they do get a warrant on him they will probably not extradite him but at least he will have to stay away from Georgia or get arrested on the warrant.

Last edited:

mdcarriers

I will file a criminal complaint. I will get a load going to that area next week and I will visit the local police. I think theft of freight services involving interstate commerce is a federal crime, as well as fraud for submitting false credit card info for payment. I"m coming after you Darrell.

ida34

Was any of this done by internet? If so contact IC3. If it was just over the phone you may not be able to file an ic3 report. As for federal charges, I have heard good things when multiple people are scammed and have filed IC3 reports. As for the feds working just your case I would doubt it. Try to make the report with the local police in OH where he is. If they refuse then file it with your local police in GA. I applaud you for taking the steps that need to be taken and doing instead of just talking. Let me know if you need any advice on this by PM.

TedG

I picked this off the Benzworld.org forum that some of us Unimog guys use. We have had our fair share of scoundrels as well. I did not write this but I believe it is helpful.

"Here's a few ideas:

1)Most of us have access to a few megabytes of web space though our web provider; use yours. Make a simple page describing your sitiuation, load up the metadata with mog related keywords and the business name, and link from it to as many relevant pages as you can. Don't be so openly hostile that there is a serious worry about libel (if that is a concern in your location) but make sure the point gets across. It wouldn't hurt to know exactly what the slander or libel laws are in your area.
I'm thinking that having many keywords like "unimogs for sale", "unimog repair", "unimog resellers", etc... , might get your site ranked high enough on a related search to be seen. Also link to known good mog vendors, and highlight their respected status; not only do better guys get support but it also helps spread the word by comparisons about problems like this guy.

2) write blogs about your experience, documenting the issue as accurately as possible, and link them to the previously created page whenever you can. Blogs are often free, and you can cut and paste a story into a new blog in seconds as well as update it easily.

3) put a link to your pages in the taglines of your forum nicks if possible, with the hope that other users will follow and also refer to your story when they field questions about where to get a mog. This borders on annoying to many webmasters but in the mog world you might get enough sympathy to be forgiven."

I hope this helps someone. I have done research on companies, people and have personally found several blogs about a product/person that I was interested in buying or doing busines with. But it was not what I thought. Thanks to people that took the time to document their dealings, it keeps others from getting hurt financially.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks