• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Do paper clips indicate lockers?

M1075

I thought I read here somewhere that the USMC paper clips on 5 tons indicated lockers, but I can't seem to find that post. Does this truck have lockers? Is there an M series designation for this or is it a chassis with modifications?

Attachments

loslobos11

My truck is paperclip-less and it is USMC with lockers...word of advice to all, DO not turn around on your mother in-law's lawn with a locker equiped 5ton. The ending to that story is not good....dont have enough time to even get into it.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
dont turn around on your mother in laws lawn with a 819 eather, that happened over two years ago and i still here about hard it is to mow because of the ruts

Cdub

I've seen most of the USMC five tons with the Lockers, ISO beds, Fording kits and paper clips on the
front bumpers.....It's almost standard equipment for them with the exceptions here and there.

My Sharlene has each of the above except the paper clips......and most of the time there were cut off at the top of the bumpers.

Attachments

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
The truck shown is a Shop Equipment, Originizational Repair set. Its factory built this way. The origins of this design is the US Army Corps of Engineers. Like most Corps of Engineers Equipment it does not have a "M-number". The TM number will begin with a 5 instead of a 9. The truck is built on a M811 chassis, when mission ready this truck outweighs even a wrecker - making lockers handy, but the truck is probably not equipped with them.

HTH,
David Doyle

No.2Diesel

Please get into it loslobos. I love stories of destruction, accidental or not. That reminds me:

My friends mother saw my truck for the first time and quipped "geez you could put alotta mulch in dare...next time you go to the dump, I wan't a load. Just dump it over there." I said "Ok, you asked for it." Put some plywood walls up in the bed, got the mulch, and arrived at their house when she wasn't home and unloaded about 12yds. by hand. We were laughing the entire time while forking it off. The pile blocked there garage and left a huge dead spot in their perfect lawn. I was never asked to get mulch again :D

Back to the topic at hand: Why would they need "paperclips" to be added when all Deuces and 5Tons have the front shackle/lifting hooks. Aren't they rated for 30K each?

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
its faster to rig to the clips, and not ALL may have the lifting shackles

M1075

73m819 said:
thay are used to load the trucks, have NOTHING to do with lockers
I think I confused some and should have worded it differently. My apologies. Let's try two seperate, but related questions.

Question 1: Do paper clips indicate a former USMC vehicle?
Question 2: Do USMC M809 series 5 tons have lockers?

If yes to both, deductive reasoning indicates vehicles with paperclips have lockers (M809 series anyway). That fact is unverified, so hence my original post.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks