• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Do paper clips indicate lockers?

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
my 819 had paperclips, i have seen many NON USMC trucks with clips, so the answer to question number 1 is NO, the answer to 2 is not all 809 USMC 809 series had lockers

M1075

Great, thanks. That is kind of answer I was looking for. I guess I will just have to buy the truck and put the lockers in myself. I have a couple lockers sitting on the shelf looking for a home!

loslobos11

Ok since a couple guys asked(not trying to hijack the thread, this story is related to lockers) I will tell the story. Her family had a get together/party outside fun thing that I said I would go to because we live about 1/4mile down the road...on a dirt road in the back woods. The 1/4 mile down the road is good and bad, I have a year old daughter so it is good for childcare, and bad for ...well cause we are so close. Well, first off let me say that I do not condone drinking and driving, I make it my policy to never go out and have more then 2 beers and drive. At this event lots of people wanted me to bring up the 5 ton so they could look it over. I like to show it off, no problem, I will walk down the road to my house and get it. I have been drinking a little but am still good to go. So, I go get the truck, and drive it up the road and pull in the driveway. Well there are cars parked all down the driveway, so the only place to park is at the end, there is a large side mowed area big enough to turn around in, that is not being used...fair game right???WRONG, I dont know bout anyone else but I guage when the truck is locked on corners by how it acts, it hitches in tight corners with good traction, and at slow speeds you minimize damge to ground as well as turning wider. So I get to the end of the driveway, pull on to the grass, everyone is watching/pointing/admiring so I start to make a slow wide turn. Well I realize this just isnt gonna work, not enought room....the truck isnt hitching, just driving smooth like butta...... :twisted: so I cut the wheel hard and smoothly accelerate through the corner like a pro, needless to say I am congratulating myself on the driving skills and shutting the beast down to let everyone admire it. That is when I realize everyone is pointing behind me and the truck, a certain 2 people in particular and looking like I just ran their pet monkey over. My truck has 14x20 goodyear at2as and the reason the truck was turning so smoothly was the lawn was just a touch soft, the tires were not getting traction, and it looked like a semicircle had been rototilled into their lawn. :oops: Needless to say I spent time fixing the lawn, hours being teased mercilessly and was ordered to stay off all grassy areas with said truck...Lockers really make it a beast, unless you care about where you are turning around in... :lol:

M1075

Great, story I love it. Even though you haven't provided the pics, I have a good mental picture of the ordeal, including you going back to fix the lawn!

loslobos11

Before I get slammed for having no pics, I didnt take them for 2 reasons, one I didnt have the camera with me, and the second more important, while being very funny, I did feel bad about the lawn and felt me laughing and taking pics of the carnage would be a little much.

SierraHotel

I really think for the benefit of the board in general, you should recreate the situation and have a person video tape it :p …’cause, well :roll: …I’m not sure I’m getting the correct mental image…’specially with all the people pointing :wink:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks