• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

do the resisters on the fire wall fail??

84cucv1ton

my uncles m1008 had 24V going into the top of the relay. before i checked that i tried to start it a few times.

so i would think i cooked my glow plugs.
time for new glow plugs right?

thanks

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It'll read 24V until the key is on and the glowplugs draw current and make the resistor, well... "resist". It really needs to be checked when the plugs are on.

ssgtwright-usmc

They do burn out. Are you running the 12v/24v system still or has it been converted to 12v/12v?
If it has been converted to a 12v system you dont need the resistors.
The resister is basically a step down transformer to take 24 volts down to 12volts.

AJMBLAZER

If he's seeing 24v going into the relay HOPEFULLY it's still 24v. Something would be seriously wrong if they have converted it to 12v. :shock:

CCATLETT1984

yes they can fail.

its a resistor, not a transformer. (electronics 101)

you can bypass them, but if you do you will not be able to jump your truck from another using the slave cable if the front battery is completely dead.

CCATLETT1984

if you are getting higher voltage with the glow plugs active its a sign that the plugs are bad (at least a few of them) the voltage will continue to rise as more of the plugs fail (snowball effect)