• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Do you guys bid on "does not run" trucks?

shepsjeep

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bought an M109 from Fort Riley, KS a while back and planned on towing it home right off. I did not want to take the few hours at the DRMO it could have taken to get everything running for a 120 mile trip. Fluid checks, drive train, fuel, and numerous other things! On the way home I had a blowout on the front right tire, so we had to change that on the road. When I got the truck home, I couldn't get it started. With some troublehooting found that it had a bad fuel pump assembly. After getting a part (from a friend) and about 12 or 14 hours of work, (and tons of help from my other friend) it finally fired up. The first push of the starter, it blew about 2 gallons of water out of the stack, due to sitting out in the weather for so long. On the second push, the engine fired and then, finally smoke from the stack!!!

You should keep one thing in mind about these trucks, whatever CAN go wrong, WILL go wrong, no matter how prepared you are. Take all of the fluids, tire changing equipment, hand tools, and a way to tow it home if necessary! Be Prepared!

kurtkds

I bought my Deuce from GL and the description stated that the batteries were "too weak" to turn over the engine.

I planned on jump starting it when I got there. While waiting for the GL guy with the slave cables to show up, I hopped in the cab and flipped on the power switch and got the low air warning buzzer and figured, what the heck and hit the starter switch and she fired up in about 2 seconds.

I,ve driven it about 500 miles and the only thing I've done is an engine oil change and I'll be changing an axle seal tomorrow.