• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Do you need help?

Tankjeepman

Before I jump into bidding on GL, I would like to learn more about how the process works first hand. So I am offering to help anyone in the Dallas area who is going to do an inspection or pick up of duce and a half or other trucks. I have driven and worked on M35, M54s back in the day so I have some experience. I am restoring a 1944 Chevy 1.5 ton so I do know something about the mechanics.

Blood_of_Tyrants

Just read. GL is NOT a customer friendly organization. You will be notified if you win within 24 hours and they take your money THEN. They will want a bunch of paperwork. Have your DL or voter registration card copied and ready to fax in. DO NOT FAX YOUR EUC OR OTHER PAPERWORK AFTER CLOSING ON FRIDAY! The fax machines run out of paper over the weekend and they really don't care. CALL the day after you fax it and verify they got it. They are supposed to log them in as soon as they can get them.

If you are lucky, it will take only about a month to approve your first EUC and then they will give you a couple of weeks to pick up your truck.

Tankjeepman

Well my unique offer had a couple of objectives. I sure I could navigate GL process to get the paperwork done. Whenever I have done a vehicle recovery, I could always use more help. So I thought that if there were some guys going to GL I could help out. I retired early so all my MV friends have to work a regular job so no time for them to do anything during the week. It would be good to meet some more guys in the Dallas area that are into Duces and come back up to speed on these trucks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks