• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

do you prefer winches form the front or from the rear

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I will have the electric ready as soon as the motor shows up. Plan on the hydro up front and the electric on the back. You can close this thread now! :gimp2:

Mackfire68

Put a two inch reciever on the front and rear, mount the winch in a cradle and use the winch wherever you want. Get 35 feet of welding cable and quick conect ends and make a long extention cord. You can even chain the winch to a tree, trailer etc to use it remotly or mount it on other vehicles.

Most winching will be done from the rear but they look cooler on the front.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Put a two inch reciever on the front and rear, mount the winch in a cradle and use the winch wherever you want. Get 35 feet of welding cable and quick conect ends and make a long extention cord. You can even chain the winch to a tree, trailer etc to use it remotly or mount it on other vehicles.

Most winching will be done from the rear but they look cooler on the front.
That's exactly how I have my samurai setup. It's awesome to be able to adapt to any situation. :beer:

southdave

I didn't mention that itwas hyd one. I thinking of the rear, just too cluttered up front and closer to tthe bussiness end of the truck..maybe the extra length of hose would eleviate the need for a cooler on the powersteering system?

biggestc69

Southdave, I installed a MileMarker 12k hyd winch last month after a 40ft long hard pull my fluid to the cooler was barley luke warm. I run Royal Purple in it and I'm sold on it. I think to overheat the fluid you would have to really abuse the system!

rattlecan6104

seems every time I get stuck, the winch just pulls me farther into the mess I got stuck into. Every time I have been free'd, I was pulled out the way I came by someone else... I could benefit from a winch in the rear

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks