• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

DOD Special Agent wants to see my truck

Towman2277

Yeah, i'm sure that this is nothing more than randomn act of this guys job.....he will have no intention other than verifying paperwork, and confirming your not a terroist! :D O.k., all jokes aside, this is a common practice for them to do, so don't worry about it, or sweat the meeting. He will be nice, polite, and professional, and it'd be a kind gesture to offer him lunch and a soda. He's probably got one of the most boring jobs in the business, gotta be! I'd be telling all that I came to visit that I'm required to "test drive" all of the MV trucks!! :driver:

Elwenil

As for "it's just a cargo truck" we've all heard and some of us have had experiences where local law enforcement or even military personnel have taken a MV'er as actual military while driving a MV. Think about if someone who was up to some sort of terrorist action loaded an M35 with fertilizer and wanted to go blow something up. Think about our guys overseas and how they would react to "just another cargo truck" coming up to their check point. True, there are already a bunch of M35s and other similar trucks out in unknown hands, but most are pretty old and might not be in the best state of repair unless they just paid mega bucks for a fleet from Clark or someone similar. I think the DoD just wants to keep the amount of misc military equipment getting out in the rest of the world to a minimum and for good reason. Nothing worse than having your own junk used against you...

OD_Coyote

Met with the Spec Agent today and everything is cool. He dealt with me in a professional and courteous manner and all he wanted to do was snap a pic and verify that the numbers on my truck matched the paper work submitted by Idaho Motor Pool.
He also provided with a "Summary Of Responsibilities" letter that describes the procedures for selling the truck, if I ever decided to sell it.

Crazyguyla

motorolanut said:
Nah, Dod gives this stuff away by the thousands to foreign governments!!
I saw dueces being transferred to the Iraqi army while I was over there. In a couple years, who knows where they'll be???

JDToumanian

He also provided a "Summary Of Responsibilities" letter that describes the procedures for selling the truck, if I ever decided to sell it.
I'd be interested in reading that, any way to post it? I bought my truck from a private party and never read any of the "official" rules for transfer of ownership...

Jon

OD_Coyote

Jon - I have been meaning to buy a scanner, so now is as good as time as any.
Once I get the scanner, I will see if I can scan the doc and post it.

westfolk

I'd have fun "verifying" a truck. Part of what I do is reassemble parts trucks into a useable one. Then I sell them to local quarries and the like. More then one truck went out with only a bill of sale during the "No SF97 provided" period. Being used off-road so that was good enough. While at the same time after it's been stripped to not much more than the frame it's been recycled. How would I verify a truck that is not a truck anymore? lol

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
HMMMMMM, I dont remember the names of 2 of the guys I sold trucks to but the other ones I have sold are to my buddies, I would like to see the summary of resposibilities too.

OD_Coyote

I finally took the time to read through the "Summary of Responsibilites" letter and it is primarily intended for folks that export U.S. surplus items to other countries. I will still scan the document and post it for those of you that are interested.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am guessing it mirrors the EUC's-no exporting ,selling to foreigners etc...

kastein

I'd be interested in reading that, any way to post it? I bought my truck from a private party and never read any of the "official" rules for transfer of ownership...

Jon
Also interested, unless it really only gets important to exporters...

I have no intention of selling my truck, but is there anything I'm supposed to do since I bought it from a private party? Am I supposed to effectively say "hey guys, I bought this truck with this serial number, just so ya know [thumbzup]" to them with some sort of a form? Or is it tracked via the civilian/DMV title?

jollyroger

Also interested, unless it really only gets important to exporters...

I have no intention of selling my truck, but is there anything I'm supposed to do since I bought it from a private party? Am I supposed to effectively say "hey guys, I bought this truck with this serial number, just so ya know [thumbzup]" to them with some sort of a form? Or is it tracked via the civilian/DMV title?
I will see if I have my DOD letter handy. If so I will scan and upload.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I have never sold an MV purchased from GL...and prolly won't...BUT if I do...I will try to print a blank EUC Form from the GL Site and have the buyer complete it...just for CYA purposes.:driver:

I always try to do the right thing..if I know what it is..

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is a good point PB. Just CYA in that case, but I had not thought about it with the trucks. I didn't think to get an EUC from 54Reo on my deuce!! but he's the last guy I have to worry about. It's the ones you don't know.

jollyroger

The point I was trying to get across from the DOD export form is that the EUC is carried to each subsequent owner of the truck. It is not just the responsibility of the original purchaser that bought the truck from GL/DOD. It is the original purchasers responsibility to pass the EUC on to the next purchaser and so on down the line until the truck no longer exists.

B3.3T

Some of you guys are smoking too much. He reports a phone call from an agent to verify information. Geez. A PHONE CALL. Not a search warrant, not a SWAT team surrounding the house....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks