• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

dodge 1/2 ton has got a bad shimmy

dougimes

I have run into a real problem. My WC 21 develops a very bad shimmy above 25mph.

It had a bad tie rod end, which I replaced assuming it would solve the problem. It did not... bummer.

I jacked it up and ran it with wheels off the groung. Front right wheel has about a 1/2" hop as it rotates.

Left wheel has a wobble.

Axles and hubs are straigt.

What is normal for these wheels? The 1/2 " hop does not look like it was from damage, looks like it was made that way.

the wobble looks like it hit something.

Can bent/out of true wheels be straightened and balanced. Where should I take it

Motorfool

I would just replace the questionable wheels. Probably cheaper than trying to repair
bad ones. I have some extras I'm willing to part with, or check with Vintage Power
Wagon in Iowa.

dougimes

what a coincidence. I will be in Watertown in a few weeks, helping at my dad's farm. You might know him- Gene Imes He has a half dozen MV's you might have seen, M715, M37, WC63. He owns the buffalo farm on Count Em near 106 north of watertown.

If you have 2 rims you think are true, I'd be interested.

Thanks for you reply

Doug

Motorfool

Hey Doug,
Give me a call at 920-474-4374 (please leave message if I miss your call).
I can put some rims on my balancer + check them for you.

Roger