• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dodge 230 L6 Question...

G744

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If indeed being a 265cu engine, the water pump fan spacer will be missing to accommodate the longer block and the front motor mounts will be on the frame rather than the riveted brackets, al la the Canadian trucks.

mobiledab

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will check that out today. Based upon head casting number, this was either made for and/or installed in a Massey Harris combine. As per the attached table, no "10039" head casting number is shown. Also have no idea what the "F" in the engine serial number indicates--can't seem to find a specific reference anywhere. Maybe "F" is for "Farm"? Still trying to view block casting numbers, but can't do so without tearing off accessories. Ordering a manual on Chrysler industrial engines as there's not much posted in the open regarding them. One thing unique to me is what appears to be some sort of oil passage bypass located between the dipstick housing and rear of starter--I reposted picture below again. Have seen a picture of a conventional spin-on oil filter mounted there upside down--looking for the picture again. In any circumstance the versions of engine blocks with and without this "thing" are many. I continue to scrutinize engine pictures for clues. I appreciate all the thoughts and opinions--please post if you have more! Thanks again to all!

Attachments

Roller

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Took a quick peek at the fan--no spacer, but not at the mounts as I was late for an appointment. Is that oil filter a good thing? Sounds like it is, but I'm not a Mopar expert. Certainly not a flathead expert either!
The IND engines had the option of full flow or bypass. I had a IND32 in my WDX and ran a full flow system. Engine was from a '66 SnoCat.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
If your engine is really grimey, try EZ-Off oven cleaner spray.

Let it set on for a while, then rinse off with water. Repeat.

It can save a lot of effort...
So will powdered Tide - at least the older version would.

Spray the motor down with warm water, sprinkle it with Tide, let it sit, then spray it off - along with all the grease and grime...

Last edited:

mobiledab

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If your engine is really grimey, try EZ-Off oven cleaner spray.

Let it set on for a while, then rinse off with water. Repeat.

It can save a lot of effort...
Who knew?! It's not too bad, but will keep this in mind! Have used it with steel parts (no aluminum) inside a sealed HD garbage bag. With the bag airtight, the process seems to work much better. Thank you!

mobiledab

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So will powered Tide - at least the older version would.

Spray the motor down with warm water, sprinkle it with Tide, let it sit, then spray it off - along with all the grease and grime...
Again, who knew?!?! Just to clarify, is that "powered" or "powdered" Tide? Have used a teaspoon to 2.5 gallons hot water--mixed well--to do final sand of primer before top coat. Always appreciate helpful hints! Thank you!

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Again, who knew?!?! Just to clarify, is that "powered" or "powdered" Tide? Have used a teaspoon to 2.5 gallons hot water--mixed well--to do final sand of primer before top coat. Always appreciate helpful hints! Thank you!
Powdered

(I will update my post!)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks