• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dodge m880

bad rat nailhead

Hi i am new to site and just bought a m880 dodge 1977 have some questions how can i find out where it came from and what service it has been in and the big problem i have is that it went from surplus to a farm so there is no paper work. What can i do to registar this and of coarse i am in Mass. still has the radio stuff behind the seat but not the control box under the dash. and a speaker horn under the hood. Any help is very much appr. Thanks[thumbzup]

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sounds like a cool truck. Way under rated for what it is. Best you can do is some slow diligent sanding to see what markings you can uncover. There is also a 2012 VIN thread that is worth trying. Depending on how long it's been out, might still be records.

papakb

Find some local LEO and see if he'll run the VIN for you through the law enforcement data base. This might at least get you back to the DRMO that released it. Also, if it was legitimately released by the government there should be a Form 97 on file for it in the state it was first registered in after being sold to the public.

Kurt

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's ex Army. I'd bet lunch on it. Surely not Navy and that Reg number doesn't look Marines at all.
Yep, Army/Army National Guard registration #
Unit #'s will be on right front & left rear bumpers.
LF & RR are company and truck #

The VIN W24BE7Sxxxxxx is the same as a standard Dodge W200 civi pickup truck.
Registering it should be no more difficult than any other vehicle.

Last edited: