• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dodge Ram 17 inch steel wheels

coleman4130

Looking at some Treadwright 315/70/r17 tires before winter for the M1028, need wheels, and would prefer a classic non-wagon wheel look. I found these Dodge wheels on line but can only find contradictory backspacing / offset info. Has anyone tried these? They are 17 x 7 and could have a backspace of 5.8 to 6.2 inches.
Thank you in advance, -John

Attachments

Dave Kay

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, you are right about contradictory specs on the backspacing. Might like those wheels myself but I searched around and it's all over the map for specs. But here's a Dodge truck forum I found that may have an answer.... no time to research right now but hope you'll post what you find out--- good luck in your search!:)

P.S.---- fount this too LINK

Last edited:

coleman4130

Thank you Dave,
Nice links that lead to more info. Still no consistency but 5.75 to 6.17 still seems to be the average backspacing for these Dodge wheels. I feel safer with around 5" backspacing so guess it is back to the drawing board. Thank you again, -John

Dave Kay

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you Dave,
Nice links that lead to more info. Still no consistency but 5.75 to 6.17 still seems to be the average backspacing for these Dodge wheels. I feel safer with around 5" backspacing so guess it is back to the drawing board. Thank you again, -John

Wonder if you couldn't find the same wheels locally or just go to a Dodge dealer and if they have a wheel in stock, do a measurement?