• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Does a GOVT rebuilt Multifuel in Crate need a Long Run in Procedure?

Greensick

Hi all,
So this morning I get to thinking. When the GOVT rebuilt and preserved the Multifuel (mine in '92) and sent off in crate, has that engine been "run in" already to check all the necessary boxes that is is a "good" Engine? Would it be sent out into the field and then have to go through this LONG run in procedure only to find out that it isn't up to par. Or is it already "broke in"? . It would seem to make more sense in theory, that you could open up and drop in the "needing" vehicle and be battle ready. Thoughts?

TYIA

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Heavy engine break in procedure is immediately after warmup check for leaks and put a heavy load on the truck and drive.

They stand ran it. They might have dyno ran it but they didn't load it like a heavy truck and trailer can.

V8srfun

I personally do not believe in running a engine in regardless of what fuel it runs on. I get a heat cycle or two on a fresh engine (just enough to get all the fluids checked and adjusted) then run it like you stole it. If a engine is going to fail I want to know right away not after I babied it around for months and waisted a ton of money on 10 extra oil changes.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks