• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Does anyone have a Master Parts list book in PDF for the WC-21?

448thAAAbn

You can buy a hard copy from vintagepowerwagons.com. I just got one. Has everything in it.
Also, you can still read it if the power goes out. It's cordless. I am in the process of a frame off restoration
on my WC21. Same model my Dad drove through Europe, from D-Day, Battle of the Bulge, Rhine river
crossing. He was in the 35th Inf, 448th AA AW Bn. He made it to 100 yrs old. he will be gone 5 yrs Memorial Day 2020.

wafinley

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can buy a hard copy from vintagepowerwagons.com. I just got one. Has everything in it.
Also, you can still read it if the power goes out. It's cordless. I am in the process of a frame off restoration
on my WC21. Same model my Dad drove through Europe, from D-Day, Battle of the Bulge, Rhine river
crossing. He was in the 35th Inf, 448th AA AW Bn. He made it to 100 yrs old. he will be gone 5 yrs Memorial Day 2020.
Do you have any pictures of your dad's WC-21 that was part of D-Day and beyond? The 1941 WC-21 was typically only used overseas where it had either been already deployed at the start of the war, or was early invasions/deployments such as Burma, or Africa. I would love to see pics of its used on mainland Europe 1944 and after. :giggle:

448thAAAbn

My dad was in the 35th infantry, 448th AAA Bn AW.
Here is a picture of my dad stateside training in the Mohave desert for North Africa. At the last minute, he was sent to Scotland to train for Operation
Overlord. He is sitting on the 40 mm Bofors gun. One of the other pics, is him and his buddy goofin around in France next to a CCKW. The straight on pic of the Dodge WC21is the truck my dad (driver) had. He told me that while they were in France, he found a pot belly stove in a farmhouse. He ended up installing it in the back of the WC21. They used it in the back of the truck during the Battle of the Bulge. I guess that was the first RV.img007.jpg

ReoRider

Really good looking work on the truck. Am interested in the backdrop on the wall--was that painted on directly etc., please fill us in on what was the story of the mural. I have similar work on my shop wall done by a very talented painter friend- will get some pictures to post.

wafinley

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the pics! Our Dad was a combat Engineer (6th ESB, 203rd Engr C BN) on D-day. We are currently restoring a 1941 WC-21 that we are doing as a 29th Infantry Engineer Truck which they were in support of. You have provided great proof that there were indeed WC-21 in the Europe combat areas. Your WC-21 looks great! It is almost at exactly the same point of restoration as ours. Wow....your art on your wall is incredible. Thanks for responding. Please keep posting your restoration progress. thanks - Bill

Attachments

448thAAAbn

Really good looking work on the truck. Am interested in the backdrop on the wall--was that painted on directly etc., please fill us in on what was the story of the mural. I have similar work on my shop wall done by a very talented painter friend- will get some pictures to post.

448thAAAbn

Thanks for the pics! Our Dad was a combat Engineer (6th ESB, 203rd Engr C BN) on D-day. We are currently restoring a 1941 WC-21 that we are doing as a 29th Infantry Engineer Truck which they were in support of. You have provided great proof that there were indeed WC-21 in the Europe combat areas. Your WC-21 looks great! It is almost at exactly the same point of restoration as ours. Wow....your art on your wall is incredible. Thanks for responding. Please keep posting your restoration progress. thanks - Bill
I will have to send you a copy of a document that my Dad picked up in Europe. He found it on the ground, and it was from a guy from the 216th FA Bn.
It was from March of 1945, The Rhine River crossing. Talk to you later. Tom

448thAAAbn

I was checkin out your pics of your WC21. You are right, about the same part of restoration as mine. TO COOL! Here is a pic of mine from last year.
one of the other pics are of mat Dad and his buddy. we printed a full size picture for the garage door. <y wife has a vinyl graphics bussiness. Thank you April
(my wife). one pic of my 1941 Harley. one pic of my ceiling in the shop. the last 5 pics are from a wall mural I painted for the local VFW. Thank you all for serving

Attachments

448thAAAbn

Do you need the filler pcs. for the front sides of the bed? I have a complete set of originals (6 pcs.), not bad. I had new ones fabbed up. let me know. Call or text me at 330-524-2156.
Tom

DaninNM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Love the mural and ceiling.....unfortunately I have a metal building shop with no flat walls and no ceiling...damn! Been trying for years to find an artist to do some nose art on the M18 and no luck. My WC-26 in front of the McDonald Ranch house where the first atomic bomb was assembled in July 1945...historic photos of the Manhattan Project show loads of Dodge WC26 carryall on the road and at the Stallion Gate. I may have some Dodge trinkets for your restorations.

Attachments

448thAAAbn

Love the mural and ceiling.....unfortunately I have a metal building shop with no flat walls and no ceiling...damn! Been trying for years to find an artist to do some nose art on the M18 and no luck. My WC-26 in front of the McDonald Ranch house where the first atomic bomb was assembled in July 1945...historic photos of the Manhattan Project show loads of Dodge WC26 carryall on the road and at the Stallion Gate. I may have some Dodge trinkets for your restorations.
Do you have a picture of what you need painted? We could print it on vinyl if you want. We do signs and graphics. I also had a WC26 Carryall/ sold it to a WWII re-enactor in Reading, Pa. The WC21 that I have is the same as the one my Dad drove through France and Belgium. D-Day through The Battle of the Bulge. He pulled a 40mm Bofors gun behind it.

448thAAAbn

Do you have a picture of what you need painted? We could print it on vinyl if you want. We do signs and graphics. I also had a WC26 Carryall/ sold it to a WWII re-enactor in Reading, Pa. The WC21 that I have is the same as the one my Dad drove through France and Belgium. D-Day through The Battle of the Bulge. He pulled a 40mm Bofors gun behind it.
Call me if you want 330-524-2156.
technicholl@hotmail.com
technichollsigns.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks