• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Does anyone have any old CUCV pics?

67_C-30

I would love to see some old pics of them as delivered from GM or some from the 80's in stock form. I have looked around, but all I could really find is this old article. The article is cool, but it full of incorrect data. It says the CUCV's are 135HP and have 28 volt systems among other things. The artist's rendering has the '81 - '83 grill as well.

Attachments

Sergeant1983

image.jpgMe in 1991 Iraq with my CUCV waiting in line, 8/101 Avn Rgmt, 101st Abn to load on C130s for transport to to forward base just before ground offensive. We painted the woodland cammo over with mud. Majority of CUCVs were painted with the mud slurry using a 30 gal trash can and broom.

Sergeant1983

PS During Desert Shield we painted all the woodland cammo vehicles with a slurry made from dirt and water in a 30 gallon trash can and applied with a broom. Although many Hummers were painted plain desert tan before departing the states, I did not see any 101st CUCVs in desert tan. In fact we turned in our CUCVs for HUMVEEs near the end of February 1991 and they were woodland also. Had to slurry them up too. We redeployed to the states in April 1991 with new Hummers that were forever stained by the tan dirt.