• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Does anyone have pics of how to flip the rear hubs on a deuce?

dittle

Do a search for that topic, I've downloaded a very well put together procedure off an existing thread several month ago.

DUECE-COUPE

when you take out the studs, put them in a plastic bag and place them in the freeze. put the hub in the sun and let them cure over night. when you put them back together, the studs will be easeir to install. i used a couple of 4x4's and a BFH. worked like a charm

Blood_of_Tyrants

It is easy to understand, just hard to do. Pull the axle, take the axle nuts off, take the hub off, separate the axle hub and brake hub, screw the bud nuts on about 10 threads worth, press or pound then out, press or pound them back in from the reverse direction, reassemble.

nhdiesel

put the hub in the sun and let them cure over night.
Are you in Alaska? Just wondering how you can leave them in the sun overnight. :razz::razz:

Glad I followed through the links to the photos. I've always wondered by looking at other threads and photos how the drum can end up mounted to the other end of the hub, until it finally dawned on me today that the drum and axle shaft shares the same mounting bolt hole pattern! :doh:

Jim

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks