• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Does anyone know what the goverment paid for M35A2?

saddamsnightmare

August 9th, 2008.

3,489 Words? You think he might be a relative of Leo Tolstoy's?? :) I figure that's gotta be the publisher's sample for a new War and Peace.....
I can't speak for the U.S.Army, but in Uncle Sam's National Park Service..... They never depreciate anything....!
I had 12 year old computers listed as whatever they paid for them new, whether they ran or not... Ditto for the vehicles.... Back in the mid to late 1960's, we were buying White Construcktor's, 3 axle stock, manual transmissions with Ravenswood Aluminum dump beds, and they were running in the $40,000 plus range without the front live axles.... A new NCR computer, which I believe is still running (or was 10 years ago) cost like 4 or 5 of the dumptrucks to buy...
Prices were relative.... the dueces were custom specificationed vehicles, with few or no civillian equivalents, and built fairly heavy for the size of the truck, so yeah, they probably ate out Uncle Sam's pockets pretty good. My M422A1 (1961) Mighty Mite was like $4,000+ when an M38A1 was little more then $2,000 complete... BUT .... Uncle never overpays..... Look at what the B52's flyaway costs were, and how many are still flying HOW many years later.....? A new GP30 locomotive was about $250,000 stock in the same period...
Just my 2cents

Sincerely,

Kyle F. McGrogan rofl