• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Does anyone recognize this plug?

Brownac1983

I'm planning a restoration on an M5 generator set from 1943. These were used to power the director for the Bofors antiaircraft gun. I want to use it for power, but I don't want to have to modify it if possible. In order to build an outlet box for it without modifying the gen set I will need to match the original output plug. I found a picture in the Bofors tech manual of what the plug should look like, but I'm not sure where to find it or even what it would be called. It looks like a Cannon or Amphenol plug but it has a separate gasket insert. I've attached a picture, if anyone recognizes this or has any idea where I could find one please let me know. Thanks in advance for any help.
-Drew

phpYRpdBCAM.jpg

Brownac1983

I'll have to measure it when I get back in town, but it's pretty large wire, maybe 4 or 6 gauge. Whatever this is, it's different from the MIL-DTL-5015 plugs shown there. This one has external pins with no shroud surrounding them. On all the newer mil spec connectors like the ones in the link the male pins are surrounded by a shroud to protect them. This one is basically flat face to face with a removable rubber gasket between the plugs.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks