• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Does M1082 Have CTIS? GP Says Yes, Common Sense Says No.

gottaluvit

Ok. I looked the wheels over and over, inside and out, and cannot see how air could be possibly getting to the tire. The only air hoses going near the tire are only going to (and from) the brake chambers. Is it possible the tire just has the hoses attached to the rim so that if the truck needs a tire it can be robbed from a (the) trailer? I read an old thread or two, but really got no definitive answer. A photo or two to confirm the supply air hose would really help. That or if anyone has a paper tm. I cannot seem to find a digital copy anywhere.

Any help would be appreciated.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is a pic of the 5 ton trailer. See where the CTIS hose ends up on a little bracket. On the truck, the hose ends up on a special hollow wheel stud.

Attachments

gottaluvit

Ok. Thank you. The previous owner said that about the hollow stud too. He also was wondering how it could do anything without the hollow stud. I just assumed (we know what that leads to) that GP knew what they were saying. However, that inspector in KY also said in the auction listing that it had air over hydraulic brakes.

By the way, I'm envious of you having that 5 ton trailer.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not my trailer, heisted the photo from a ebay listing. I have no use for those goofy trailers.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think they are way too tall to be usable for almost anything. That is my only gripe.

gottaluvit

They pull great, doesn't matter if it's behind and LMTV or civi truck. I like both of mine.

Dave
I agree on how well it pulls. The height is a great advantage on pulling with the M929 because it being the same width gives me a better understanding of where I exactly am in my lane with just a glance in the mirrors. Plus the anti-lock brakes as well as the truck's anti-lock brakes make for better braking than not pulling any trailer at all. I can see disadvantages in the height, but she will haul a slew of pallets.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks