• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Does my deuce sound like it's missimg?

RANDYDIRT

Check out the video and tell me if the engine is missing. It has a longer than stock stack and that may be amplifying this effect. It doesn't seem to be low on power and will run 58mph, so if it is missing then I am in for a treat once it is repaired.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmZtWfv-xjw[/media]

dittle

Doesn't sound like a miss. Does the truck vibrate when just sitting still like it has a miss? If you have 1 of your 6 cylinders not firing you will probably notice it due to vibration. You might check you J-pipe over for a hole if anything, my truck had a hole in the J-pipe and once I welded it closed the exhaust note sounds a little different.

TexRdnec

does it really start up that easily or was it already warm?

if it's below 50 degrees i've got to crank on mine all ****ed day before it'll bust off...............

stumps

At idle, the fuel is turned down so low that small variations in the injectors can make for sounds like that.

How does it sound when the engine is doing work?

-Chuck

RANDYDIRT

No, it had already been started and moved. It really doesn't feel or act like it's missing. Just sounds like it has a missed beat every revolution. Each cylinder's exhaust runner is hot like they are all firing, I was thinking that maybe I had a weak cylinder or something.
I don't know what it sounds like under a load from outside the cab. I can't hear the exhaust for all the noise. LOL

Thanks for the input.
Dirt

RANDYDIRT

It may be the longer pipe making it sound different.

Does anyone have a close up video of their exhaust while at an idle? Just for comparison.

RANDYDIRT

Yes, water does get in the stack when it rains, but it sounds like that even after a 45 minute cruise down the highway. I don't feel it's a big problem, but am concerned.:driver:

usmarines72

I still have to troubleshoot my truck. Not sure if you have this issue but stand on the passenger side fender right at cold idle. DOes the truck vibrate pretty bad? Can you hear a distinct bah,bah,bah,bah,bah,bah,bah rather than a nice hummm from the motor? Mine is vibrating pretty good and making that bah,bah etc sound. However, when the idle is turned up to 1k it humms and vibration goes away. The multifuel motor is an original USAF with only 7k miles/200 hours. Thinking it's either an injector or a lazy exhaust valve b/c you can smell diesel on the exhaust and it is a little white. Already r/o antifreeze

Last edited:

RANDYDIRT

I still have to troubleshoot my truck. Not sure if you have this issue but stand on the passenger side fender right at cold idle. DOes the truck vibrate pretty bad? Can you hear a distinct bah,bah,bah,bah,bah,bah,bah rather than a nice hummm from the motor? Mine is vibrating pretty good and making that bah,bah etc sound. However, when the idle is turned up to 1k it humms and vibration goes away. The multifuel motor is an original USAF with only 7k miles/200 hours. Thinking it's either an injector or a lazy exhaust valve b/c you can smell diesel on the exhaust and it is a little white. Already r/o antifreeze
No, there are no vibrations, and the smoke is black gray. I was hoping someone would climb on their passenger step and make a video of their truck idling so I could hear the difference.

wsucougarx

Hi Randy, your truck sounds really good! I didn't hear any issues with missing. She sounds pretty darn strong. Oh BTW, nice M109A3! What year is it. Those nice yellow dataplates really look good.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks