• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Does the 531 really need the Supertrapp disc exhaust stack?

Falstaff

I struggled with getting my first 531 running until i figured out that the Supertrapp disc/exhaust tuning diffuser was hopelessly plugged with oil and carbon. My experience with Supertrapp exhaust systems was with 4 stroke dirtbikes where you could tune the bike by adding or removing discs from the exhaust pipe outlet (increasing or reducing back pressure). Why did Dewey add that to the pipe? Mine seemsto run fine without it. Why would you want to add restriction to a diesel motor?

Dieselmeister

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They are supposed to be spark arresters for what its worth. I added #10 stainless lock washers between each disk, and eliminated the back pressure problem, while keeping the original "look".

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks