• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Does the PPD do more than reverse polarity protect ? Modern replacement for PPD ?

MatthewWBailey

Father, Husband and Barn Hermit
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Found all of your 28SI alternator posts here:

Pretty much the exact setup I was searching for. I will be knocking that off completely if/when my 100A Neehoff dies. Hoping to extend its life a bit by running a 24v setup only, but I am getting some voltage spikes on the trans currently as I mentioned in first post...

I tried searching your posts but didn't see any reference, what year/make is your truck ? A1 or A1R ?
'04 A1. I also had a few over voltage codes on the trans. It All began when the starter shorted. I still have to take the pulled Neihoff to the repair shop.

if you do this swap double check the existing belt length before ordering a shorter one. I used the wrong length at first. So my initial replacement was barely able to fit.
EF06A159-80A2-41DB-B6A9-BF68D251D41C.jpeg

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks