• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Does this color look good on a MV?

Gunfreak25

I went to Home Depot and used my fording cap to get 2 sample cans made of 24087 Olive Drab. The sample cans are flat, but the larger gallon cans come in whatever gloss you wish. After thinning it a little with water and brushing some into a corner of the cargo bed I AM SOLD. Nothing makes my run away faster than to see a truck with no drips or brush marks, it's an exact match to 24087 and looks like a genuine motor pool paint job with the light brush strokes. The best part is it can be easily worked into tight spaces and around the cargo bed tie downs. This is Behrs Premium Ultra Exterior Latex paint by the way, it has the primer already in it so it adheres quite well even after a few minutes of drying.

It's been really rainy today so for the time being i'll be doing some final scraping to remove any old paint chips and just work on getting any smooth areas roughed up. Soon as I get paid i'll be picking up 2 gallons of the stuff in semi gloss as well as a small foam roller. I figured i'll use the brush for tight spaces and the roller for larger flat areas.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks