• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Does this look like it will work?

poppop

I think it looks great but as someone has said with it that high you have a great leverage effect. Theres nothing you can do about the receiver, but if it were mine I would use the space under the bumper to weld some braces on each side on a 45 angle to where it would just clear the bumper. The way it is now thats a lot of shear force on the welds at the right angle. A couple of braces would make it three times as strong.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rotorhead, There are many folks that bolt on a class 3 reciever onto the frame of the truck. Think the 73-87 chevy pickup ones are pretty close.

dmetalmiki

tow mod

I modified my deuce to enable a level tow with my G.P.W. this could facilitate a ball hitch too if required. pics from deks collection. as pee .s! I would (as sugested by others) "support from THE TOP" that hitch set up..(even AFTER swinging the lunette.) ALLOW FOR the unexpected. !!...((in fact on reflection I would have gone the route of Modifying the TRAILER ..as shown by one S.S. member.) ((chaplain))safe..straight..= PEACE OF MIND> ..good luck with project.

Attachments

spicergear

RE: tow mod

Another thing that can be done is to flip the trailers drawbar over. If you notice it comes out then bends up and levels out again. Flipping that over can give maybe 4-5" drop. That takes a decent about of leverage away from the trailer and hitch on the trucks receiver. It's just a real big nut and hopefully...cotter pin. It's a tapered fit so it wedges in there pretty snug...like a ball joint connection. The best thing I've found is to back the nut off about 6 threads then put a nice big prybar behind it, give it a real good steady pull (or have someone else pull hard on it), THEN take a hand maul and whack the top of the area it is wedged into directly above it/it's taper. The prybar's pressure and the maul's shock ought to pop it out.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks